+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Got an Information Officer (Analyst) interview at the NHS!! in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Axe: I would suggest this is a topic for another thread. There are many people who are looking for work ...

Thank Post
    Axe: I would suggest this is a topic for another thread. There are many people who are looking for work at the moment and many who aren't even getting an interview never mind a job offer. Unofortunately it is the way at the moment where jobs are being advertised as a matter of following the law, but ultimately they are being given to people who face redundancy in the same company/institute and are being moved.

But good luck to anyone looking for work. I know from experience that it can be very depressing for those looking for work and those close to them.

Thank Post
    AXE I know what it is like looking for work with a disability (HMSN Type 1), I myself have a physical one which effects me in everyday life (walking and writing are two problem areas I have) and make all employers aware of this in my applications and I am yet to find any bigots or discrimination because of this, I wish you all the look in the world with finding work at this harsh time,

Damien

AXE
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Axe: I would suggest this is a topic for another thread.
    I agree. New thread it is.

Quote Originally Posted by damienharrison View Post
    ... and I am yet to find any bigots or discrimination...
    Lucky you! You must let me know where you've looked so that I can apply there. I have experienced quite the contrary.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RVP09 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have an interview coming up with the NHS for the position of Information Officer (i.e. more or less the same role as an Information Analyst).
    Hi Philip,

Did you get this job? How was the interview? I will be attending an interview next week for a similar job in NHS. Would be so helpful to know what the job actually is.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AXE View Post
    Lucky you! You must let me know where you've looked so that I can apply there. I have experienced quite the contrary.
    Or maybe it's the fact that your attitude stinks (based on my first impressions of you, and first impressions do count).

6. 2 Thanks to Hightower:

damienharrison (28th April 2009), mossj (28th April 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RVP09 View Post

In fact, I'd say about 60% of the applicants were rejected at that stage of the recruitment process!

Phillip.
    It will often be far higher than that. In my last post, when we advertised the aim was to get a short list of about 12 that we would call in for testing; of those we would interview the best 6 or so (because we've only got one vacancy and there's really no point in trying to interview everyone).

If you only get 12 applicants then you call them all in - OK; they might have messed up their forms etc but form filling isn't the skill we need. If you get 100 applicants then you have to find a way to reject 88 of them. When you do this, you're bound to reject perfectly good candidates who just can't put a good case together so there's nothing on the form/letter etc to say "interview me!"

We always tried to be systematic - there were a set of criteria that we looked for and allocated points on that basis. This means, though, that if it's not easy to see that someone does meet the criteria they don't get the points.

Thank Post
    I remember an example from a technical interview a friend of mine was performing and the candidate got the interviewers name wrong, as his forename can also used as a sir name.

When he politely corrected him on it the candidate said, "oh well same thing". Regardless of his skills, experience etc he came across poorly in the interview and someone who fitted into the team better got the job.

I know I did once, not from been rude, but just nerves and I hadn't had an interview for five years and had other things on my mind. On reflection I realised I had bad answers and just couldn't think of examples of what I had done to support my CV. As if I had forgotten, never knew what it was like to go blank until then. Journey home it all came back to me.

Needless to say I hope that I've learnt my lesson and put it down as life experience.

Not trying to be harsh, but try and think if it is something else. As you have to be honest with yourself.
    Last edited by pcman; 28th April 2009 at 06:59 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12