+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Work Wanted for Experienced IT Technician in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I am an IT Technician of eight years currently looking for extra work. I know it's probably a little out ...

Thank Post

Question Work Wanted for Experienced IT Technician

I am an IT Technician of eight years currently looking for extra work. I know it's probably a little out of the scope of this forum, but I thought I would try.

I was self-employed straight out of University, almost immediately went into educational IT Technician positions for several primary schools and from there I've moved into several permanent positions at the same schools and others. I have worked in a secondary school in the same position too (I was offered Assistant Network Manager there, with a view to becoming the Network Manager within a year or so, but the pay offered was pitiful for a full-time ANM of a secondary school / Academy).

At the moment, I'm employed in a private primary school as a permanent, full-time IT Technician but I'm the effective Network Manager (i.e. in duties, if not in title). I'm happy there but I have a dream to move on to bigger and better things. I'm also travelling 3-4 hours a day at great expense to get to my current school and I'm looking for either extra, out-of-normal-hours work (that's the part that's probably out of the scope of this forum) or a replacement position with more responsibility that would cover the difference (London - Essex area) - or both!

I'm told my references are outstanding. I have sourced, priced, built, maintained, budgeted, managed, upgraded and decommissioned entire school networks, including RM, Ranger and Active Directory networks. I have worked in an IT team and on my own without problems. I have managed my own self-employment providing IT support to schools for the majority of my working life and always been profitable.

If there's anybody that knows of evening/weekend work going in my area (I've tried most agencies and jobsites) or knows of a position that would pay well in an area closer to me (South Essex), then I would be very grateful.

AXE
    Thank Post
    Good luck. And bear this in mind when looking; At least you have a job, some of us aren't so lucky.

3. Thanks to AXE from:

nit (4th March 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread