+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Job Seeking South Wales in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I have just found that I have been to be laid off finishing the end of march (typical start of ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy Job Seeking South Wales

I have just found that I have been to be laid off finishing the end of march (typical start of the new finace year (April), and that I aint finished my NVQ yet, so aint talked yet to my network manager or tutor yet, but I guess I have find another place either for the NVQ but definate to carry on with this career line, I am really dissapointed!!!

So can anyone /give me suggestions / Any Vaciences, I really enjoyed it here, and worst of it is that I dont Drive, and was just convincing myself to learn later on the year and because i was so nervous and not me, and cope with all the things and bumps etc

Sean

Ideally I guess Swansea / Neath (Aint sure how I get there but I willing to be someone side assitance and not a top postion yet because it wont be good if a network manager can't drive etc. that be emarasskng for both me and the placement)
    Last edited by chrisredfield93; 27th February 2009 at 12:47 PM.

Thank Post
    My advice would be talk to your network manager and tutor first, see if they can offer any help or advice. They may be able to put you in contact with some more people that can help.

Im in the process of trying to find another technician job within Kent and so far I've just been checking all the local schools vacancies on their websites as well as phoning them and asking to speak to their network mangers. Alot of them just say "thanks but we don't need anyone" but a few of them have also said that they are going to be looking at taking on more ICT staff and took my details.

Be proactive and put your name around.

The fact that you can't drive just means you'll have to get up earlier to catch the bus/train to get into work. Either that or get a bike if there are some local schools within riding distance that may have some work for you.

I was kicking myself for not phoning round earlier as one school I talked to said that they did have a vacancy for an ICT Technician but it was filled 2 days ago!

Stay positive and good luck dude!

3. Thanks to Anon from:

chrisredfield93 (27th February 2009)

Thank Post
    I dont mind if have to get up early for train or bus, just hope that they get me to those places on time and yea I know it important that I know where it is then get to interview or wherever late

Forgot to metion 18 experince in the field.

Just Talked with my network manager willing to help find somewhere for me, and well tutor nows wants to rush the NVQ Level 2 and not claiming it not up to her to look for somewhereelse, I felt from the start she wanted to rush it anyway to get out of the way and put her feet up and not really good at helping either

My network manger is tidy plus very helpful and very good
    Last edited by chrisredfield93; 27th February 2009 at 01:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Any Advice / Suggestions / Questions ? read above posts for you to get upto speed

Have CV at ready + Up To Date, concentrated today during quiet period.

Just need carry on with the search finding someting.
    Last edited by chrisredfield93; 27th February 2009 at 04:53 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread