with ... Google!
Ideal for students/graduates wanting to get ahead in IT.
IT Intern - Desktop Support - EuropeIT Intern - Desktop Support - Europe
Positions available across Europe, including European Headquarters (Dublin), Zurich, London, Milan, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid.
The area: IT
In little more than a decade, Google created one of the world's largest global computing infrastructures for both internal and external use. We built it – and will continue to develop and support it – with the world's most talented administrators. Using our unique technologies along with open source tools, we keep Google's customer-facing products running, robust and secure. Our objective is to create solutions that allow people to work and communicate in new and innovative ways – giving back to the world's technical community whenever we can.
The role: IT Intern - Desktop Support - Europe
Google is looking for for IT Interns to join its IT team. The position offers an ideal opportunity for high potential Computer Science students to gain a wide-ranging insight into the use of IT in an international environment.
* Provide direct support for desktops/laptops and user access to corporate network and applications both on the network as well as through remote VPN access.
* Assist with moving equipment and users.
* Provide direct support for services such as office phones, cell phones/blackberry, video conferencing and remote access.
* Provide basic corporate network infrastructure and server support.
* Provide direct support for Google's corporate resources and applications.
* Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field. Typically within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
* Experience working in an IT department or PC support, or in another technically-focused service environment.
* Ability to configure, upgrade and relocate PC hardware, software and print devices.
* Experience in basic Microsoft server configuration and support.
* Understanding of LAN/WAN environments.
Also Web Developer (Intern)
Internet Web Developer - Intern - Multiple LocationsInternet Web Developer - Intern - Multiple Locations
This role can be based in various locations around Europe.
* Development and day-to-day maintenance of web content.
* Designing and quickly implementing clear, effective web pages.
* Develop web-based applications.
* Knowledge of website design best practices (sample of work will be required).
* Strong HTML and CSS skills.
* Preferred experience in Unix, Linux, MySQL, Java, Apache, Python, Perforce (or other version control system).
* Knowledge of at least one scripting language, preferably Python or PHP as well as knowledge of SQL and relational database structures.
* Scripting and database skills a plus.
* Fluent in English; knowledge of additional languages a plus.
* Excellent attention to detail.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)