+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Heads up - I.T. Tech Upton Junior School Dorset in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi guys, just been offered a new job at a senior school doing I.T. Tech. Hence in the next few ...

Thank Post

Heads up - I.T. Tech Upton Junior School Dorset

Hi guys, just been offered a new job at a senior school doing I.T. Tech. Hence in the next few weeks there will be a vacancy at Upton Junior School in Dorset (near poole).

My current hours are 15 h/pw

My current responsbilities are: Monthly school newsletter, managing the network + all buying + support. I also manage the website with the Drupal CMS which I developed as part of my dissertation at Uni.

Its a good school (up and coming I am sure)! Great bunch of staff and the heads really great.

Just putting in a new server atm (Windows 03) and reimaging all pcs laptops. Network is as follows; Roughly 40 Pc's + 25 laptops + 4 networked printers and associated stuff on the curriculum side (also there is admin network).

Weve just had a new infrastructure put in and there is a gig across most of the school including I.T. suite + new switches etc.

Ill post the vacancy when It goes online - www.uptonjun.dorset.sch.uk/welcome is our website.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Congrats on the new job Jiser. Well done mate.

Thank Post
    Woohoo, nice one.

Good luck with the new job

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Did you get Ashdown or Avonbourne then? Well done!
    I would be interested but I don't do the website ATM - and know little about such things - is that a problem? I think the head of Upton is married to one of our teachers who just left due to pressure of dealing with 2 children!
    Other than that - half as many hours again for a network half the size - sounds good - might be fighting yabbadabba for that one

BTW: your welcome page doesn't work!! Well, now it is overloaded with requests but before all the pages were there but not the welcome one
    Last edited by witch; 7th November 2008 at 02:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser View Post
    Hi guys, just been offered a new job at a senior school doing I.T. Tech. Hence in the next few weeks there will be a vacancy at Upton Junior School in Dorset (near poole).

My current hours are 15 h/pw

My current responsbilities are: Monthly school newsletter, managing the network + all buying + support. I also manage the website with the Drupal CMS which I developed as part of my dissertation at Uni.

Its a good school (up and coming I am sure)! Great bunch of staff and the heads really great.

Just putting in a new server atm (Windows 03) and reimaging all pcs laptops. Network is as follows; Roughly 40 Pc's + 25 laptops + 4 networked printers and associated stuff on the curriculum side (also there is admin network).

Weve just had a new infrastructure put in and there is a gig across most of the school including I.T. suite + new switches etc.

Ill post the vacancy when It goes online - www.uptonjun.dorset.sch.uk/welcome is our website.

Cheers
    Congrats - and don't forget to bring your details in on Monday!

HBJB

Thank Post
    Thanks peeps I won't forget!! =D

Yeh weird witch, the welcome page was working, Ill have to look into that!! I think it might be something to do with it cutting off when its overloaded not sure. Bit annoying tho. (Avonbourne i got)

Your right there, the teacher who left sounds exactly like the person who is married to the head at Upton Jun. Hes a great guy, really approachable and supportive.

In regards to the Website, I put on a WYSIWYG editor so its not that difficult to use. Its more learning how to use the CMS than anything, which I will do in the handover. Ive customized it a hell of allot tho with modules, CSS editing etc and the WYSIWYG editor doesn't work perfectly. So anyway the point is no - you don't need to know allot about webdesign.

Best thing is, the new tech will hopefully have a nice new reimaged network, new website, new infrastructure all in place for them o and an up todate inventory ready for financial checking.
    Last edited by Jiser; 7th November 2008 at 03:21 PM.

Thank Post

Talking

Thanks peeps I won't forget!! =D

Yeh weird witch, the welcome page was working, Ill have to look into that!! I think it might be something to do with it cutting off when its overloaded not sure. Bit annoying tho. (Avonbourne i got)
    Think you need a comma between wierd and witch, don't you? (but then again....)

Best thing is, the new tech will hopefully have a nice new reimaged network, new website, new infrastructure all in place for them o and an up todate inventory ready for financial checking.

.....and.....knows someone on Edugeek......
    I'm only local, and part-time - could pop in...... (and I'm ginger,too)
    Last edited by witch; 7th November 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Thank Post
    Yeh you should apply! Come in before hand ill give you the grand tour, special options for you as your ginger :P We look out for our own.

I agree with the comma Thats why I just went to uni and got a degree < Duh stupid me!!

Thank Post
    Just been called for interview for next Friday
    When will your ad be in do you think?
    What hours do you work? I would be hoping for an early start eg 7.45 to 8am as I can get stuff done before the network gets busy
    Would love to come and visit

Thank Post
    At the mo I do mon/wed/fri 5 hours each go. Tho I imagine it will be flexible. I am usually allowed to change my days around if need to etc. I am not always in spot on times tho. Sometimes I stay extra hours and come in at different times.

I imagine ad will be in next week or week after!

Thank Post

Could I be really cheeky

Come in before hand ill give you the grand tour
    Ummmgh, me, me, me please

Really cheeky I know but if there is a chance of adding my name to the list for a grand tour that would be great. Not interested in applying for the job at all but the chance too take a look at what other school techs do would be great.

Thank Post
    I am sure that wouldn't be a problem.

The best day would probs be after school on a Wednesday. Any of you free on Wed? Any time after 3.30pm.

Ill check it off with the head. Ive asked him before about another tech coming to visit and he said np, so should be fine.

Thank Post

Will check me diary

I thing Wednesday 3.30pm would be cool.

Saying that if Witch would like an exclusive guided tour I will take a step back and come along at a later date as Witch visiting is more important than myself.

Other wise can confirm Monday if thats ok.

Thank Post
    No, Yabbadabba, as long as you aren't going for the job, that's fine! You can always come and see my setup at either school whenever as well.
    I can't do this Wed as I have a Governors meeting at Broadstone Mid at 4 - but I do finish work at about 1.45 so I could come in a bit earlier if you could see me? I can't do the next Wed either as I am on the VLE training until 4 in Blandford - which is a problem, isnt it?
    I really would like to come and look around - but as I can't do Mons either it doesnt look good.

15. Thanks to witch from:

yabbadabba (8th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Ill speak to my head and let you know tomorrow on here.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast