+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Got A Job in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Went for the job a Greenford High, Only two being interviewed, neither of us got the job according to the ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Got A Job

Went for the job a Greenford High, Only two being interviewed, neither of us got the job according to the message on my answerphone!

Any how, back to the reason for the post... Just been offered a job at Hobart High in Loddon, Norfolk - Network Manager Promotion, money, responsibility and headaches to follow!

Thank Post
    Oh god, another one to join the Norfolk NM Clan.

Grats mate.

Thank Post
    Congrats!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Went for the job a Greenford High, Only two being interviewed, neither of us got the job according to the message on my answerphone!

Any how, back to the reason for the post... Just been offered a job at Hobart High in Loddon, Norfolk - Network Manager Promotion, money, responsibility and headaches to follow!
    I would love to know just what that school is playing at [ Greenford High ] - that was the second time round it has been advertised - quite a few went for it from what I was reading on Edugeek......
    Did you ask them for feedback in regards to why it was not offered to you ?

Just checked their website - its not in their vacanices anymore - maybe they finally employed someone - Mr BSF perhaps ?
    Last edited by mattx; 19th September 2008 at 01:17 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Apparently quite a few went for Greenford, but only two were interviewed. Apparently the guy who got the job the first time it was advertised phoned them up and told them he'd been given a better offer somewhere else so they re-advertised here on Edugeek.

Like I say they only interviewed two of us and from the message left on my answerphone it sounds like neither of us got it. They did suggest on the answerphone that they had another position which they wanted to offer me but they haven't got back in touch since.

I tried phoning them and I've e-mailed asking for feedback on the interview and details of this mythical other position, but so far I've had no response

It's a shame as it seemed like a nice school to work at and the equipment is all new and top end. Still I've got my NM job now so I don't care, I'm happy. Gonna be sad leaving my curreny school though.

Thank Post
    Its says a great deal about the management of the school if they have offered you another position but have failed to reply to your E-mails and phone calls etc.
    Sounds like to me you are better off with your new poisition !!

Thank Post

Smile

Hi

Just to clarify a couple of things re: ICT Systems manager post at GHS

Apologies to TMCD35 for not calling back - I have left a v-mail message today, having been out of work since Monday.

Congratulations on your appointment and best of luck.

It seemed that a number of people were applying, according to this Forum, but that proved not the case. Not a particularly good time to advertise - in the middle of the summer, I guess. I also think some people are being put off by BSF, but our situation as a brand new PFI school, with heavy investment in ICT and big plans for its development both in school and the community, there is a strong negative feeling about the BSF ICT in our school in that we won't be able to do what's best for us, and we may decide to say 'no thanks'

The previous appointee had accepted the post, had been into school several times, and had engaged in handover processes, then pulled out when his current school realised what they would be left without when he left, and matched our offer to him - he felt duty bound to stay.

We will be advertising again, as we are committed to find the right person for the post, one which we consider to be an exceptional position and opportunity.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the update.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver View Post
    Oh god, another one to join the Norfolk NM Clan.

Grats mate.
    Now now Simon he just has to pass the initiation ceremony and then he'll be fine.

By the way have your buttocks healed from yours yet?

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Your message was correct. Congrats on the new post anyway, it was good to meet you at GHS and I'm pleased to hear that you have been succesful.

Thank Post
    Well done in getting the job at hobart. Did you know the last network manager at hobart?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread