+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Internal appointment rules in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I said no such thing. I said they have little or no hope - which means that they are looked ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,703 Posts
    I said no such thing.
    I said they have little or no hope - which means that they are looked at fairly - BUT if there is already someone who can do the job then any external candidate would have to be amazingly good to achieve higher scoring than that achieved by the internal candidate. If they do, we employ them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I said they have little or no hope - which means that they are looked at fairly - BUT if there is already someone who can do the job then any external candidate would have to be amazingly good to achieve higher scoring than that achieved by the internal candidate. If they do, we employ them.
    I agree that 'experience' is loosely defined, but your scoring system should be fair and transparent. An external candidate wouldn't need to be 'amazingly good' they would just need to score a point higher in any area.
    I appreciate it doesn't often work like this. The most common trick is to make sure only your desired candidate can meet the pre-selection criteria - usually by asking for an obscure but relevant qualification, or 'can demonstrate working knowledge of....'

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12