+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Network Manager Pay in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Originally Posted by sippo The most annoying thing is the attitude of my boss and the deputy. They aknowledge all ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    The most annoying thing is the attitude of my boss and the deputy. They aknowledge all my hardwork, how the school has moved forward IT wise, how well the network is running yet they don't to pay me what I feel I'm worth.

This is so frustrating. Time to look elsewhere. The same job role, in the same county is 6k more than I'm on!!
    Welcome to what Ive seen myself, and when you say your off then its oh we should have talked more about the problems you were having, I tell you they will never learn.

Thank Post
    Does anyone have a job spec going spare? I've just asked for my job description and it is as basic as anything!!

Thank Post
    I might have got another primary school onboard our support scheme bringing in an extra 3k a year. Going to ask for it to go into my pay packet Place your bets now if it actually will!

Thank Post

Thumbs up How to get a pay rise...

Start appying for other jobs! (and ask for time off for interviews) When they realsie they may loose you it could be the incentive required to get you the pay rise... From experience this has worked for me in the past.

smc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    I know its quite a personal question but just wanted to know the average pay for a school network manager is.

I am currently on a poor wage for a manager. I have completely turned the school around over the last two years. Moved from away from viglen to a new complete vanilla AD network, migrated the admin and curriculum network, installed and configured new switches (approx 15 of them), installed a new exchange server after complaints about the county provided service, but most of all the general network is so much easier and manageable to run. Staff have told me that they really appreciate all the work I have done but since I have asked for a pay review, attitudes have changed. I have told them I want to stay but if I don't get what I deserve I'll be off.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    You should be on at least 32-35 PA.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am an ICT Technician, I look after 2 servers, 70 workstations, 60 laptops, 5 switches, 12 wireless access points, and I am in the process of migrating the whole school to Linux.

With the money saved by switching to linux, the school has agreed to give me a pay increase of 9'000 (Pro Rata) a year.

I am currently 14492 Pro Rata and the wage would go up to approximately 23400 Pro Rata.

I work 30 hours a week, 46 weeks a year (only time I get off is 2 weeks at christmas, 2 weeks at easter and 2 weeks in the summer hols, the rest of the time I am in working).

My title will also be changing from ICT Technician to ICT Network Architect and Administrator. The reason for the massive pay increase is because I am the only one who knows Linux inside out within my area.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol thats kool

im a tec

we have 14 servers 1400 + pupils alot of staff lol 30 promeathen boards

whole site on wireless been here 2 years, just on under 17k with 2 other techs

the guy who is nm now i was under and i thought i would of get promo but never did when i completed my mcsa course and done 2 exams and i asked for a pay increase they said no their is no money and said im on the max what ever that means. and i just feel like im in a rut my personaly i dont feel like my nm is that good at his job being as me and another tech told him that our ris server is very unstable and then it died that day which was yeasterday and along went 20 images all which take about a day to do as well as doingother jobs. i have more experince that the 2 other tecs and dont feel apricated for it. sorry just on rant

Thank Post
    Kevin, move on mate! You can only stay in some place so long before you find yourself hitting your head on a brick wall. If your not learning, the place your working at sux, they won't give you a pay rise there are plenty of jobs outside of education which will offer you good money.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
    Start appying for other jobs! (and ask for time off for interviews) When they realsie they may loose you it could be the incentive required to get you the pay rise... From experience this has worked for me in the past.
    very true, i've manage to jump 7k after telling them that i have had an offer else where, so they are now willing to match it. The problem is now do i stay or do i go..what would you ppl do?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netware View Post
    very true, i've manage to jump 7k after telling them that i have had an offer else where, so they are now willing to match it. The problem is now do i stay or do i go..what would you ppl do?
    I would go if you can find another job at or around the same pay. Look if they offer you a 7k pay rise they were grossly underpaying you, in essence taking advantage of you, and that on its own would make me want to leave. they clearly do not have your interests in mind.

Note: this obviously does not apply if you like your current job, get on with the staff/pupils, live locally, have commitments, can't find another job etc etc.

Thank Post
    200+ workstations, 6 servers, 25 IAWB, 30+ Laptops, 800 pupils, Website, VLE and Intranet.

Just me, going up to around 21K after JE, - was originallly going to have a pay cut of around 800 pa on first round of JE.

Advantage is I live no to far from school, so I can be at home with 10 mins at the end of the day.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Feck me! Our council have put NMs on 17-18k pa, you're not far off double that
    Thanks the same as me... Our NM dont do owt, its me the Systems manager that has taken on all the work on, he just works on the VLE... and its on a lot more than me... and only works 3 out 5 days...

500 machines, internal email, wireless access, Internal Proxy, Cisco router and firewall, both network and systems manager roles.

Something aint right... There has been many of times where i have wanted to leave, but cannot find a suitable job..

Thank Post
    37k at my last place

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=timbo343;252026]Thanks the same as me... Our NM dont do owt, its me the Systems manager that has taken on all the work on, he just works on the VLE... and its on a lot more than me... and only works 3 out 5 days... [\QUOTE]

Funny! I used to think the same about my old NM. Now I've changed schools and am a NM myself I see things a little differently! Amazing how much work there is to do sitting on your arse all day staring ant the Internet!

VLE's, MIS's, Network Security, Policies, Personnel Management, Budgeting, Purchasing, Research, General Network Maintenance, System Upgrades, Room Changes, Equipment Disposale, Laws, Regulations, My head is exploding...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @timbo343

that is crazy why wont they just move his post to vle manager or somthing who do ppl go to when they have a problem ur self or 2 ur nm

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast