I have a south london LSU who need an interim sims support officer, with at least 2nd line experience, to support their schools on all aspects of sims, it is to cover a permanent role which they have struggled to fill so it may end up being a temp to perm role for the right candidate!
The permanent salary is around £30-32k so looking to pay between £18-25ph depending on experience, how much of the spec you can cover and whether the temp will work as a ltd company contractor or not
Start asap email@example.com 08701 612 007
To promote the effective use of ICT in schools and provide day to day comprehensive support, enabling them to maximise the use of ICT systems to meet DCSF and other statutory requirements using information systems such as SIMS, and Microsoft Office. Developing solutions to problems presented by clients. To have responsibility for the development and implementation of administrative schools’ software, providing technical and management information support to schools, ensuring effective implementation and continuing operation of management information systems. To take responsibility for the implementation, support and development of software in schools.
2. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To contribute to the LA’s programme to raise standards by monitoring, assessing and reporting on standards of data management in schools and making recommendations for improvements
2. To promote the effective use of Management Information to raise standards in schools.
3. To provide guidance, advice and support to Head Teachers, Governors and School Administrative staff in relation to using software to support Management information.
4. Advise, recommend and give examples of good ICT working practices, enabling schools to organise their data to comply with the requirements of the DCSF and the LA.
5. To provide effective and efficient advice and support to Head Teachers and School Staff on a continuing basis in relation to software packages used in the schools including all SIMS modules.
6. To monitor the progress of users and arrange additional support as required.
7. To provide users with technical and professional advice with regard to the purchase of additional hardware and software.
8. To take the lead responsibility for specific SIMS modules.
9. To prepare course notes and provide training programmes on school sites and off site at the PDC for school staff in the operation of SIMS modules, word-processing packages, spreadsheets and other software packages used for data management and analysis.
10. Develop and write specific instructions for key points in the year to enable schools to use their ICT systems to produce reports and provide information including statutory requirements.
11. To prepare and maintain appropriate user guides.
12. To attend National conferences, seminars, user group meetings and school governing body meetings as requested.
13. To liase with other sections in the LA to ensure that systems provide required information and avoid duplication of data.
14. To assist with effective e-communications between the schools’ management information systems and the LA’s systems.
15. To respond to software problems using remote support, on site, or via the telephone as part of a telephone help line service.
16. To evaluate new software as required.
17. To customise software to reflect the needs of schools, LA, DCSF and other users.
18. Upgrade and install MIS software on site, including implementing and co-ordinating new systems as necessary. Provide maintenance for all existing SIMS modules.
19. To attend sites in the event of system failures, identify and invoke appropriate action required.
20. Identify schools’ changing needs in relation to their data management requirements and make recommendations for change.
21. To solve problems encountered in schools in the operation of SIMS software and liaise with a school’s IT support where problems contain an IT hardware or operating system element.
22. To assist schools in providing management information in the areas of personnel, pupils, the curriculum, SATS, and exam results
23. Carry out annual health checks at schools as required and prepare a report for the Headteacher
24. To work with schools in managing data to ensure that this is of good quality and standardised as much as possible.
25. Contribute to monitoring the work of the team by ensuring appropriate records are kept and analysed, evaluate training and service to schools using appropriate methodology
26. Use internet to access and download from Capita SIMS site to keep informed about developments
27. To deputise for the team manager as required.
28. To carry out the responsibilities of the post in accordance with all the Council's policies, and with particular regard to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Customer Awareness.
29. To ensure corporate departmental Health and Safety policies are implemented at all times and to raise any concerns regarding their operation, or any other Health and Safety matters with the appropriate line manager.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)