+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Network manager job advice in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Network manager here (my boss) is leaving very soon. the ICT coordinator says she is advertising the job and she ...
    PEO
    Thank Post

Network manager job advice

Network manager here (my boss) is leaving very soon. the ICT coordinator says she is advertising the job and she said i can apply if im intrested (not; i would like you to apply) now i havent seen the job discription yet because it is still been put togeather. from what i understand it will be full time and not term time only.

I haven't decided yet if I want to apply, but if i did apply, which i'm pretty sure i will have a chance at an interview, what questions should i expect to be asked?

Thank you

Thank Post
    There was a post along the same lines earlier in the week:

NM Interview Tips and Advice?

Thank Post
    what school is it MR Happy?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    ...says she is advertising the job and she said i can apply if im intrested (not; i would like you to apply) now i havent seen the job discription yet because it is still been put togeather.
    Don't assume that because she hasn't asked you to specifically apply, that she's not interested in you getting the job. Remember, she has to be fair to all candidates, and she can't guarantee you'd get the job. (She might worry that you'd feel snubbed, and leave.)

I was in the same position very recently - I'm half regretting not applying now, because in the interregnum I'm actually doing the job, and quite enjoying it.

Thank Post
    Network manager here (my boss) is leaving very soon. the ICT coordinator says she is advertising the job and she said i can apply if im intrested (not; i would like you to apply) now i havent seen the job discription yet because it is still been put togeather. from what i understand it will be full time and not term time only.

I haven't decided yet if I want to apply, but if i did apply, which i'm pretty sure i will have a chance at an interview, what questions should i expect to be asked?

Thank you
    Depends on who'll be interviewing you really, but i'd imagine they'd be few surprises for you seeing as you've already seen and no doubt done what the NM has been doing. You're in a unique position in understanding the environment very well, and you no doubt know the people who'll be interviewing you reasonably well.

If you're good, have confidence you can do the job well, and really want it and all that comes across you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

PEO
    Thank Post
    cheers for feed back I'm in a position now where th NM has basically put his feet up and has given me control. Just nervous I get rejected

Thank Post
    cheers for feed back I'm in a position now where th NM has basically put his feet up and has given me control. Just nervous I get rejected
    Nothing to be nervous about. The best person on the day may get the job that may not be you, but its not saying that you wouldn't have been the best person in the long run.

As has been said, you will need little time in learning the ropes that a new person would and its soemtimes best who you know rather than what you know. It may be a risk employing someone with a fantastic reference to find their previous school obvioussly wanted rid of them (it does happen).

If I was you I would apply for the position - even if it is experience with the job hunting process, writing an application form, interview techniques etc.

Andrew

Thank Post
    Apply.
    If you don't get it, you can reasonably ask your boss:
    What do I need to do to make myself a better candidate?
    What are you willing to do to help me achieve this?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread