+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Placement or voluntary in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hey there.....I'm an ex builder aged 50 who started messing around with the computer as a hobby 3 years ago. ...

Thank Post

Placement or voluntary

Hey there.....I'm an ex builder aged 50 who started messing around with the computer as a hobby 3 years ago. Since then I have gained my A+, CCNA, and at the moment I am at college doing MSCA having gained Network+, 70-270, and 290 which leaves 291 and Security+.

I finish the course in July and I am based in East London..... I have shadowed an administrator for 6 months at one of the colleges and gained experience installing systems with a charity organisation. I am basically looking for a placement or volunteer work in the Server administritive area until July for a day or 2 a week can anyone help.....
    I have tried the usual organisations but the only IT they have is teaching basic ECDL to the elderly.....Can anyone give me an IT organisation who would be interested.

Thanks a lot

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,486 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I bet High Schools or city learning centres will be interested. Ring round the schools and ask, make sure you speak to IT Support Departments though.

Thank Post
    Primary schools will also bite your hand off, assuming that you are able to put your use in the real world.

Thank Post
    Yea Guys thanks for the advice/info......Coming from my builder background where I've had to deal with newbies who think they are qualified builders after doing a years training at some government center....I am well aware that all the qualifications in the world don't matter a jot.......they look good on paper but lets be honest.......I'd start a person who had no qualifications but had plenty experience....any day....which is why I'm going down this road

cheers
    Last edited by nodgelyobo; 31st March 2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: wrong grammer

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,486 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodgelyobo View Post
    Yea Guys thanks for the advice/info......Coming from my builder background where I've had to deal with people who have think they are qualified builders after doing a years training at some government center....I am well aware that all the qualifications in the world don't matter a jot.......they look good on paper but lets be honest.......I'd start a person who had no qualifications but had plenty experience....any day....which is why I'm going down this road

cheers
    i couldn't agree more.

Thank Post
    Why not try and get paid to do it? even if its just a junior position.
    Thats how I started out, Having only a hnc in computing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread