VLE and Website Manager position available for Term 1 2014. BISR, Riyadh, KSA
(this is a re-advertising of the same position posted in April)
Line Manager: TBC
Salary: Teacher Payscale M1-M6 with overseas allowance and free accomodation
Purpose of the post
To maintain an overview of the school website and to drive the e-learning initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To drive the development of BISR’s Frog Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
• Provide a broad range of direct VLE training and lead the Frog Champions, with the aim of helping to disseminate knowledge and skills to all departments.
• Manage the schools online presence, including the school’s website, and help keep the different sites and services up-to-date.
• Day-to-today management of the VLE service desk
• To complete an audit of current provision and create a strategic plan for BISR’s development of its e-Learning capabilities. To help develop the learning platform (VLE), in consultation with staff, so that is easily accessible and supports teaching staff in their delivery, administrative staff in service administration and learners in their studies.
• To act as the key administrator for the learning platform, and to advise and support colleagues in the management of the platform and be the day to day link with the “host” system.
• To help synthesise the many different web –based elements that we use on a daily basis in to one user-friendly portal. For example how our VLE interacts effectively with our exchange email accounts, our SIMS Learning Gateway platform (internal), our Eclipse Library System (external), our Overdrive digital library system (external), and our CHQ ECA system (external)
• To set up control systems, including log-ins for staff, and develop administrative processes .
• To develop a user friendly content management system, for administrative procedures, teaching staff and for learner usage, undertake regular checks to ensure the content is relevant and kept up to date.
• To induct, train, and give ongoing support to staff on the use of the platform and to keep an up-to-date record of all staff training and competence levels.
• Research new learning technologies and work with staff to implement them.
• Work alongside middle managers to assist the enhancement of education using ICT.
• To attend staff meetings to motivate usage, seek comments from users for improvements and share practice in order that processes are user friendly and functional.
• To attend conferences and training events to keep up to date with developments in the e-learning and e-technology.
• Update and develop the website regularly with school information approved by the SLT team. This may include remotely updating information in the case of emergency closure. This will also include updating the exam results page in August.
• Experience of working in an innovative school environment.
• Experience of social media networks and digital marketing systems.
• Experience of using Frog and Microsoft SharePoint .
• Evidence of leadership and project management skills
• Must be enthusiastic, self-reliant and self-motivated
• Must have an in depth technical knowledge and be “hands on” when it comes to implementing solutions.
If, having read the job description, you are interested in joining us, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1. your c.v. including details of 3 professional referee
2. a completed application form available from British International School Riyadh
3. a recent photograph (so we will recognise you if you are invited for interview)
4. a letter of application addressed to Mr Mantz Principal
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)