Hammersmith Academy is seeking an experienced and talented IT Systems Technician who will, with the leadership of the IT Network Manager, help provide and support an excellent IT service throughout the school. This is a key role requiring commitment, motivation and a “can-do” attitude.
IT is central to our strategic development. The IT Systems Technician will contribute to the vision, and support the strategic and technical capability to ensure that systems run seamlessly and that the school is positioned at the cutting edge of IT.
Please see Careers for more details and to download an application pack.
The IT Systems Technician should have several years’ hands-on experience supporting a diverse, technologically challenging environment including but not limited to the following technologies;
Technical knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of various Microsoft client and server operating systems including Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 and Windows 7/8/8.1
- Knowledge and experience configuring, and troubleshooting Active Directory
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory design and architecture
- Understanding of file replication services, security, client interactions, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Active Directory Certificate Services
- Knowledge and understanding of networking, firewalls and wireless systems
- Experience with content filtering systems and proxy servers i.e Smoothwall, DansGuardian
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Radius and 802.1x authentication
- Understanding of VLANs
- Understanding of firewall rules
- Understanding of Key Management Services, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, SCOM and WSUS
- Understanding of Microsoft Office365 and Exchange Server including Outlook Client Configuration
- Understanding of Virtualisation, preferably VMware vSphere 5
- Experience of hardware and software troubleshooting within a networked domain environment
- Understanding of Apple software and equipment within an enterprise environment including knowledge of:
- OSX and associated apple software
- Integrating PC and Mac networks successfully
- Knowledge of Logic, ProTools and Final Cut Pro desirable
Responsibilities will include:
- Network and technical support responsibilities
- Managing information and communication systems
Submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is: 16th July at 12pm.
Interviews will be held on Monday 21st July.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)