Job Title: Network Manager Location: GM UTC & Werneth Academy, Oldham Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 (negotiable dependent on experience) Contract Permanent: Full Time Hours of Work Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm (37.5 hours)
1 hour for lunch break.
Flexible approach to hours required.
Reporting to: IT Operations Manager
The Knowledge Network is a new company established in 2013. We are a small team, which needs to rapidly grow to support our secure contracts with two multi Academy Trusts and a new University Technical College.
The Knowledge Network understands the importance of having effective tools and resources to support teaching and learning. By working closely with our partners (schools, multi-academy trusts, special educational needs providers), our world class education expertise and clever technology can deliver a solution that’s tailored to individual needs.
The Knowledge Network provides organisations with all the smart tools and expert assistance they need to ensure that students learn and achieve, staff develop and progress, and the organisation is effectively managed.
Having a robust and affordable ICT infrastructure within schools is a key foundation for changing the way that technologies are used effectively in teaching and learning.
Being innovative about the way the ICT infrastructure within schools is set up to achieve these goals within tight affordability constraints is also a challenge. All improvements must be off-set against auditing current provision and costs, identifying inefficiencies and managing the transition to a better way of working.
We are a facilitator for change management, and our employees are driven, passionate, innovative and resourceful. It is these qualities we look for in our people as we believe they are our biggest strength. We’re looking for high quality, skilled people who are passionate about doing a good job so that, together, we can continue to deliver the highest standard of service to our partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Network Manager to join our rapidly growing IT support team and be an integral part of helping to shape our service to our partners. Based at the GM UTC and Werneth Academy, Oldham, the Network Manager will provide the day-to-day hands on IT support alongside the ICT Technician as part of our IT managed service agreement with the Academy Trust, Bright Tribe Academy Trust. The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, who will proactively support the IT vision and improvement plan for the school and help to review existing contracts, identify savings and smarter ways of working and transition the current processes and procedures to The Knowledge Network systems.
We are seeking a candidate who is not only highly technically skilled but who understands the importance of providing an effective and professional customer facing service.
Continual professional development and supporting training will be offered.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Organise and implement the upgrade of computer software and hardware.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of computer hardware and liaise with IT equipment and hardware suppliers, visiting IT/ electrical engineers.
- Support and advise subject areas in technical aspects of ICT.
- Provide advice and support to members of the teaching staff regarding the use of ICT equipment.
- Attend whole school staff meetings and training as appropriate.
- Carry out ICT training for school staff.
- Ensure staff have regular access to training on the various uses of SIMS and explore and implement ways of extending the use of facilities on SIMS to improve the efficiency and raise standards.
- Contribute to the development of individual and group programmes to support children and young people to learn more effectively.
- Ensure that there is appropriate ICT technical support during evening classes and school holidays if appropriate.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of school ICT hardware and software.
- Undertake professional development to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of ICT developments.
- Have knowledge of and comply with data protection legislation.
- Maintain and update the school’s website.
- Maintain the web server and administer the school e-mail system, creating e-mail addresses as required.
- Ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained when dealing with data relating to staff and students.
- In association with the IT Operations Manager, produce, implement and evaluate a development plan for ICT to SMT.
- Assist with developing links between the school and the community, particularly primary and tertiary institutions and businesses.
- Ensuring systems are kept fully operational which may require evening or weekend work by mutual agreement.
- Monitor student use of the network to comply with the schools acceptable usage policy, e.g. websites visited/ user’s network space of illegal content.
- To research and advise prior to purchase and be responsible for all ICT purchasing.
- All services to be performed at such locations in the UK as the company shall reasonably require from time to time.
Technical Knowledge/ Experience Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the network and data requirements of schools.
- Ability to interpret or analyse data and information or situations in order to make a decision or recommendation.
- Knowledge of a variety of ICT applications including Excel.
- Be proficient in statistical and numerical analysis.
- Ability to analyse and use data in an innovative and instructive way.
- Knowledge of SIMS Experience of development, management and operation of computerised administration systems.
- Experience of working at a senior level and leading a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to plan and implement systems to maximise use.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to produce written reports suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, innovative and willing to work as part of a wider team.
- Experience of Apple OS X / iOS devices desirable
- Knowledge of MDM solutions desirable.
- Management and maintenance of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience of imaging and deployments software (WDS, SCCM)
- Ensure the regular back-up of data on network servers is carried out and back up procedures are robust, secure and appropriate.
- Company life insurance policy
- Eye care vouchers
- Car Parking
- Subsidised staff catering (Stockport HQ only)
- Stakeholder pension
- 20 days holiday, rising to 22 after 12 months + 8 bank holidays
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exclusive of the tasks that any employee may be required to perform. The company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
To apply please visit the link below;
Network Manager | The Knowledge Network
The Knowledge Network is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Last edited by elsiegee40; 11th July 2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Approved
Am I being blind here? I can't see a closing date.
But when is the deadline to submit applications?
I've just looked and can't see a closing date for the application either.
Perhaps it's an open advert until they find the right applicant?
Never came across a job advert without a closing date.
Never came across an open job application before and suddenly I've come across two in the same day.
The following extract was taken from another job advert I've just come across ... "Applicants will be interviewed on an ongoing basis and the vacancy will close as soon as the right candidate is found."
Guys apparently a deadline has been sent but not yet appended here. Bearing in mind the college opens in September, safe to assume the post is imminent I would think.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)