Assistant Java Developer
To assist the MIS department to continue to develop and enhance the School’s bespoke Management Information System.
Manager of Information Systems
To apply ASAP please use the attached Application form, or visit Educational Support Staff | Recruitment | Surbiton High School
- To design, develop and test new sections of our existing MIS.
- To integrate our MIS with a number of third-party systems, including:
- The Joint Council for Qualifications’ A2C Data Exchange Programme (which goes live late in 2014), enabling us to continue to exchange data with exam boards.
- The Department for Education’s Common Transfer File system, allowing us to exchange pupil information with other schools;
- The Government’s Learning Record Service, allowing us to automatically assign a Unique Learner Number to each of our pupils;
- To collaborate with members of staff to understand their requirements and to develop appropriate solutions.
- To produce clear and concise documentation.
- To support the existing system in terms of fixing bugs or helping members of the School community (parents, pupils and staff) when problems arise.
- Any other duties as the Principal may reasonably request.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
· Good, relevant Honours degree; alternatively we would welcome applicants due to graduate in the Summer of 2014
· Evidence of previous Java development
· Evidence of previous work using SQL (and preferably MySQL)
· Evidence of previous work using third-party APIs
· Up-to-date knowledge of the technologies mentioned above, and the desire to continue to learn
· Up-to-date knowledge of the UK education system
· High levels of organisational and self-management skills
· Ability to work cooperatively within a team
· Flexibility and openness to change
· High levels of personal and professional integrity
· Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
· Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
· Organized, energetic, positive and able to self-direct
· Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life
· Ability to think creatively and imaginatively
· Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)