Can you give us any more information about the location of the job?
ICT NETWORK MANAGER - SEN SCHOOL
JOB TITLE: ICT Systems & Network Manager
TYPE: Permanent/Full Time Managed Services
SALARY : £30k-£35k (based on experience)
REPORTING TO: Joskos Service Delivery Manager
CLOSING DATE: 10th June 2014
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic person to lead, manage and support all technical aspects of curriculum and administrative ICT within the school, keeping the school at the forefront of ICT. The school caters for children with complex needs, so this candidate will need be compassionate to the needs of these special kids.
To support learning by:-
- Playing a key role in the strategic leadership of ICT throughout the school, reporting to and liaising with Joskos and school management.
- Developing and implementing a shared vision with school management as to how ICT resources can enhance both teaching and learning and management activities.
- Management of all network, server and wireless infrastructure upgrade projects in line with Joskos methodology.
- Managing the school’s ICT systems, services and resources and ensure the integrity of all school data.
- Liaise with Joskos ICT Consultants to ensure the school keeps up to date with changes in technology and investigate how these technologies might be used to support learning.
Qualifications & Experience
1. A university degree in Computer Science or related subject will be an advantage.
2. Qualifications such as MCSE, MCSA or MCITP, ITIL and VMWare would be highly beneficial towards your application
3. Experience of working in ICT support for a school environment is essential.
4. In-depth knowledge of ICT networks, switching infrastructure, various server operating systems, backup, email, antivirus and other server and network management systems.
- In working calmly, carefully and quickly under pressure
- In communicating effectively orally and in writing, including confidence in public speaking
- In dealing courteously and effectively with adolescents, children with complex needs and adults.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, behaviour for learning, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- To keep abreast of wider ICT developments which may impact on the teaching, learning and administration of the school and advise the school’s management team accordingly.
- To be flexible and work according to needs which may involve assisting other areas of the school.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems and Services
- To manage, develop and document the curriculum and administrative ICT systems within the school: servers, hardware, operating systems, network infrastructure and software applications.
- To have knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety, software; licensing, data protection and other legislation that relates to ICT.
- To test and evaluate new ICT systems (software and hardware) and make product recommendations to school management in line with Joskos ICT strategies.
- To co-ordinate the configuration of new and existing hardware and software.
- To co-ordinate the regular and systematic routine maintenance of servers, workstations and network infrastructure so as to maximise their life expectancy, functionality, security and ensure Health and Safety standards are met.
- To ensure the regular & systematic backup of data and recovery of systems data.
- To ensure that the school’s computer networks are secure and protected.
- To investigate reported faults, maintain records of faults and the undertaking of minor repair work where appropriate or operate agreed procedures should third party repair be required.
- To manage Internet and email provision.
- In conjunction with the MIS Service Provider, ensure that the school's MIS system is operating securely and efficiently.
- To assist in the development of the school’s managed learning environment, intranet and website, ensuring information is updated effectively and overseeing the technical management of these systems.
- To be responsible for the administration and maintenance of Digital Signage systems.
- To manage the maintenance and installation of all interactive whiteboard systems within the school and associated hardware and services.
- To ensure that the school’s hardware and software comply with relevant legislation and regulations.
- To ensure the operating systems installed are protected through the use of suitable anti-virus software and operating system patches.
- To provide training and support in the effective use of relevant hardware and software in use within the school.
- To draw up plans and specifications for the purchase of computing equipment and software and to design and specify what is practically possible and affordable within the school’s current and future ICT development plans, ensuring best value.
- To ensure that all ICT assets are appropriately recorded and accounted for on the asset register including software licences and all tangible assets are security marked.
- To oversee the installation of all computing and networking equipment.
External liaison and Work scheduling:
- Liaise with Joskos and other 3rd party companies for works relating to ICT, ensuring technical specifications are compiled.
- Manage and direct actions and work of suppliers relating to ICT and/or associated works inside and outside warranty periods.
- In conjunction with school management, sensitively and logically schedule all ICT associated work to ensure minimum disruption to network services.
- Ensuring the work of all external providers is carried out to an agreed high standard.
Leadership and Management
- To provide strategic advice on the management of ICT across the school and ensuring that structures and resources meet the school’s curriculum and administration needs.
- To operationally manage the ICT Technician, prioritising and overseeing his work on a daily basis to meet long term strategic objectives.
- To develop, implement and maintain the school’s ICT policy and procedures in consultation with Joskos and school management.
- To liaise with Joskos for the procurement of all ICT hardware and software for the school, ensuring compliance with the School’s Finance Policy.
- Keeping a log of all technical faults via the Joskos Service Desk system already in place.
We are a listening company and welcome individuals who proactively make suggestions on how we can continually improve our services and technical offering. If you are reading this vacancy and want to join a phenomenal, energetic and well-respected IT services player, then you should apply for this position.
Apply now: Submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 10th June 2014
Joskos Solutions is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Last edited by Dos_Box; 28th May 2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Approved
Can you give us any more information about the location of the job?
*Bump on request*
The school is in Walthamstow, apologies for not clarifying!
Please submit your CVs to me directly if you are interested in the position.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)