+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, ICT Technician Job Description in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi everyone I am currently reviewing my ICT Technicians Job description and salary. I would be most grateful for postings ...

Thank Post

ICT Technician Job Description

Hi everyone

I am currently reviewing my ICT Technicians Job description and salary. I would be most grateful for postings containing ICT Technician job descriptions along with salaries/scales.

Thanks
    Edd

Re: ICT Technician Job Description

Quote Originally Posted by teckedd
    Hi everyone

I am currently reviewing my ICT Technicians Job description and salary. I would be most grateful for postings containing ICT Technician job descriptions along with salaries/scales.

Thanks
    Edd
    oh goodie, another can of worms to open....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Job Description May 2006.

To ensure the smooth running of the computer systems throughout the school, enabling teaching staff to operate at optimum efficiency in the delivery of Information Technology studies and Administrations functions to operate effectively. Advising on the development and maintenance of all computer systems ensuring that the current systems answer the needs and operate effectively. Keeping abreast of new technology, advising and recommending as required.

MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES

1. To ensure the smooth running of the Curriculum and Administration Networks, providing technical advice to the Office Manager. Ensuring that all faults and problems are quickly rectified and the school’s virus protection system is adhered to.

2. To give in-class support for ICT lessons.

3. To ensure the provision of Internet Access through the School’s web server/s and ensure that all staff and pupil access to the Internet is timely and appropriate. To maintain the firewall protection for the school.

5. Develop and maintain the ICT equipment register, to provide a detailed analysis of equipment replacement needs and central ICT resourcing.

6. Ensure and monitor the fault reporting systems to ensure service delivery meets user demands, both internally and externally, taking remedial action as appropriate.

12. To carry out the installation and configuration of all new computer hardware to ensure that it operates to maximum potential.
    14. To develop and maintain the School website.

15. Have knowledge of, or be willing to be trained in the most recent Windows application.

16. To ensure that equipment is maintained and repaired as necessary.

17. To be aware of all matters relating to Health and Safety and to implement safe working practices.

18. Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.

QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
    • Team worker
    • Positive attitude
    • Experience with INTEL PC’s running Windows 2000/XP
    • Experience using and supporting Office XP.2003.
    • CLAIT or IBT2 qualifications would be helpful.

This Job Description and the allocation of the particular responsibilities defined within it may be amended from time to time. May 2006

Under the Job Evaluation, single status its a Grade 6 post and pays peanuts now after a 14% cut in wages

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread