We have a vacancy for an IT Support Technician here at Hammersmith Academy. If you wish to apply please visit Careers to download an application form.
The successful candidate will, with the leadership of the IT Network Manager, help provide and support an excellent IT service throughout the school. This is a key role requiring commitment, motivation and a “can-do” attitude.
IT is central to our strategic development. The IT Support Technician will contribute to the vision, and support the strategic and technical capability to ensure that systems run seamlessly and that the school is positioned at the cutting edge of IT.
This is a permenant, Full-Time post with a salary of £23,000 - £27,270
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 14 April at 12pm
The IT Support Technician should have several years’ hands-on experience supporting a diverse, technologically challenging environment including but not limited to the following technologies;
Technical knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of various Microsoft client and server operating systems including Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Knowledge and experience configuring, and troubleshooting Active Directory
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory design and architecture
- Understanding of file replication services, security, client interactions, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Active Directory Certificate Services
- Knowledge and understanding of networking, firewalls and wireless systems
- Experience with content filtering systems and proxy servers i.e Smoothwall, DansGuardian
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Radius and 802.1x authentication
- Understanding of VLANs
- Understanding of firewall rules
- Basic understanding of Key Management Services, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, SCOM and WSUS
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server including Outlook Client Configuration, Office365 and ADFS integration/administration
- Understanding of Virtualisation, preferably VMware vSphere 5
- Experience of hardware and software troubleshooting within
- Understanding of Apple software and equipment within an enterprise environment including knowledge of:
- OSX and associated apple software
- Integrating PC and Mac networks successfully
- Knowledge of Logic, ProTools and Final Cut Pro desirable
Network and technical support responsibilities
- Administering the effective support of a fast–running, reliable computer network that will offer a quality platform to support teaching and learning as well as the wider administrative and managerial needs of the school
- Under the guidance of the IT Network Manager, develop the security and long-term planning of the network.
- Ensure all Academy Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators are met troubleshoot and repair when possible ICT, audio-visual and CCTV equipment problems.
- Ensure all users are able to have effective and appropriate access to e-mail and internet facilities no matter where they are
- Under the guidance of the IT Network Manager, ensure compliance with all IT-related legislation including matters related to data protection and the use of software licences
- Monitoring and checking the reliable back–up system and disaster recovery procedures in place to continually meet the needs of the school
- Monitoring the procurement system, leading the sourcing of new equipment to complete agreed projects and liaising with external suppliers
- Install hardware and remove software on workstations. Ensure the maintenance of up-to-date records of all the school’s hardware and software.
- Keep an inventory of all equipment, ensuring that all equipment is security tagged/marked and asset registered after purchase.
- Maintain printer and MFD fleet, liaising with suppliers and engineers to ensure smooth running of the service
- Classroom support services, to ensure the availability of ICT equipment and provide direct support and guidance during critical curriculum periods and lessons, and evening events as directed
- Information and communication systems
Under the direction of the IT Network Manager
- Managing access to resources and information for all users, both on site and remotely by a variety of devices
- Developing the information channels to parents and pupils, keeping abreast of new methods of communication
- Overseeing the integration of the various databases to build a single cohesive information resource within the school
- Help to manage the distribution of laptops/tablets to new students through the E-Learning Scheme
- Manage the maintenance, warranty and insurance repairs for the E-Learning scheme ensuring that students, parents and staff are kept informed at all times.
- Ensure that all E-Learning scheme policies are adhered to, and that equipment is being used appropriately at all times
Please apply using our application form. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Last edited by itsha; 4th April 2014 at 07:49 AM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)