Evening @IanT, do you happen to have a proposed salary range for this position?
Harris Academy Purley
The Harris Federation comprises 28 primary and secondary academies and we are one of the most successful Academy groups in the country. We currently educate nearly 20,000 pupils in and around London. Nine out of eleven inspected Harris Academies open for more than a year have been judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted (82% compared to 20% nationally). Our average improvement in five GCSEs with English and Maths since opening is 33%.
92% of Harris students achieved 5 or more good GCSE passes this summer. 99.6% of Harris students achieved 2 or more A-level or equivalent, enabling many students to progress to excellent careers and top Universities. Our aim is to give every student the very best start in life through the provision of an outstanding education.
The Harris Federation is planning to grow over the next 2-3 years by at least another 15 Academies, 8 Free Schools opening in September 2014. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, creating and building a new approach to IT, changing the culture, shaping how we do things and really having an influence on how we deliver great service to all of the Academies. The team currently provides support for over 20,000 users and 10,000 endpoint devices.
Recently there has been a considerable investment in updating the central and local infrastructure including a move to more virtualisation of both the server and desktop estate. This role is to provide on site 1st line support for a number of vacancies within the Harris group. The role will work closely with both the management of the school and the central IT team.
Responsibilities will be:
· To ensure that all incidents and requests for the Academy are logged appropriately on the Service Management system
· To ensure that incidents and requests for the Academy are resolved within the target resolution time and are documented within the system.
· Maintain regular communications with the appropriate local staff until Incident resolution
· Monitor progress of all incidents and requests for the Academy against Service Level targets and respond promptly to customer requests for updates or resolution as appropriate.
· Escalate any incidents to the appropriate team as necessary and work with the Federation ICT team including the Cluster Managers, 3rd line support, project managers and other stakeholders to resolution.
· Identify, resolve and/or document workarounds for desktop related problems.
· Image, deploy and manage PCs, Laptops, VDIs and other endpoints and devices such as printers and IWBs. Work with the Cluster Managers appropriately.
· Work with the Cluster Managers and Infrastructure team under their direction to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices ensuring that availability and security of the network, folder and files and applications.
· Provide high-quality technical support and advice to the Academy.
· Test and install new software, ensuring the licensing compliance.
· Ensure that server and network infrastructure is checked and maintained in accordance with HarrisNET best practice and procedures
Set up and maintain user and e-mail accounts, ensuring that new staff and students receive credentials in a timely fashion
· Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, whiteboards, projectors and ensure that this hardware is tested and prepared for use when required
· Deliver the IT service in accordance with ITIL and Harrisnet principles.
Experience, skills and qualifications
*Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
*Confident in dealing with all levels of stakeholders;
*Ability to apply problem solving techniques and get results;
*Strong personal drive and willingness to get things done
*Self-motivated and committed to delivery on time and to a high quality
*Demonstrable experience of balancing priorities and successful delivery of objectives, in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
*Ability to troubleshoot, investigate and resolve technical issues;
*Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities;
*Ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving;
*Proven track record in working to strict timescales and of working with staff at all levels;
*Good knowledge/experience of Microsoft and other desktop products, Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions
*A minimum of two years of experience of carrying out a similar role client facing role in either the primary or secondary education sector
Please send any CV's to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
around the low 20k mark
Hiya @IanT, Is this similar to the post at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace that was up for grabs this year. I notice this time they asking for minimum two year experience. Do you know if they have any Junior IT role.
triso (20th February 2014)
Thank you. I do that now.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)