+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, IT Tech posts x2: Kettering, Northamptonshire in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Kettering Science Academy - Houses - - Vacancies IT TechniciansTwo vacancies have arisen at Kettering Science Academy for IT technicians. ...

Thank Post

Lightbulb IT Tech posts x2: Kettering, Northamptonshire

Kettering Science Academy - Houses - - Vacancies

IT TechniciansTwo vacancies have arisen at Kettering Science Academy for IT technicians.

The right candidates will be flexible in their approach to work, have some relevant IT qualifications and have a history of being able to problem solve, both with and without direct supervision. They must have excellent communication and customer service skills being able to recognise customer needs and communicate effectively both internally and externally with clients.

Thank Post
    I should also add: you need to apply promptly as I am looking to have both positions filled ASAP

Its a new building with new IT systems - so you can develop skills on VDI, Citrix and other centralised systems:
    Emphasis is on client service, and we use a ticket system to control work flow.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. Thanks to nephilim from:

mac_shinobi (10th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also, nowhere does it say anything about pay

Thank Post

It does have the pay on the job description, Its not great I am afraid: We are in the middle of a review on positions: the techs that left apprenticed with me and then stayed on one extra year to develop skills. They went on to take commercial roles in the £30-40K bracket - and very happy to see them achieve that success before even hitting their 20th Birthdays.

That should give you an idea of how skilled they had become - We are a good academy and have a really good IT Directorate: Or in other words IT isn’t run by the Teacher who pulled the short straw :P -BUT- We have been hit just as badly as everybody else with the funding cuts, so I was only able to secure entry level pay pf £18.5K

You also get £4.60 daily to spend in the restaurant (Term-Time) That’s a significant perk worth about £900 a year

I also assign a reasonable laptop & an iPad, which you can buy on leaving service

http://www.ketteringscienceacademy.org/Resources/Vacancies/2013-14/IT_Technician_job_description.pdf

7. 2 Thanks to Gerrant:

mac_shinobi (11th January 2014), nephilim (10th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrant View Post

It does have the pay on the job description, Its not great I am afraid: We are in the middle of a review on positions: the techs that left apprenticed with me and then stayed on one extra year to develop skills. They went on to take commercial roles in the £30-40K bracket - and very happy to see them achieve that success before even hitting their 20th Birthdays.

That should give you an idea of how skilled they had become - We are a good academy and have a really good IT Directorate: Or in other words IT isnít run by the Teacher who pulled the short straw :P -BUT- We have been hit just as badly as everybody else with the funding cuts, so I was only able to secure entry level pay pf £18.5K

You also get £4.60 daily to spend in the restaurant (Term-Time) Thatís a significant perk worth about £900 a year

I also assign a reasonable laptop & an iPad, which you can buy on leaving service

http://www.ketteringscienceacademy.org/Resources/Vacancies/2013-14/IT_Technician_job_description.pdf

Any prospect of progressing to senior IT tech and how would you describe a typical or average day with regards to the sort of tasks that need to be done?

Also if there is progression then how would that relate to a wage increase ?

Also who do the school use regards to pensions ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Any prospect of progressing to senior IT tech and how would you describe a typical or average day with regards to the sort of tasks that need to be done?

Also if there is progression then how would that relate to a wage increase ?

Also who do the school use regards to pensions ?

1. There is a proposal in the system from myself for a position of Senior IT Tech: but it isn’t approved and we are in the middle of Trust-Wide review of roles. I would not file that as a certainty at this time.
    2. Wage levels are part of the review and the goal is to make sure we have like-for-like. I have proposed the Senior Tech role should attract Circa £23K But I stress it’s not finalised or approved.
    3. I don’t personally use the school Pension, but I believe its Managed by Brooke Weston Trust: but is basically part of the LEA offering even though we are an Academy.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A good place to work, and the NM at this and other trust schools, as well as the Trust Director of IT, are cracking people to work with. Good luck to those who apply.

Thank Post
    Really ought to get my original Edu-geek login sorted out :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread