Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com, thanks.
Job Title: ICT Field Engineer
Salary Details: £25,000-£28,000 per annum + mileage
Hours: 9.00am-5.00pm Mon-Fri
Location: Field based – N. London (Barnet, Hillingdon, Ealing), Hertfordshire
Well established education ICT support company based in North London requires an experienced ICT field engineer to support sites across North London and Hertfordshire. Having a good understanding of server 2008/2003, XP, Windows 7, AD, Group Policy.
Having experience of supporting schools ICT networks and a clean CRB also essential. Working alongside ICT coordinators you will have excellent communication skills and be reliable and punctual. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in the field on their own but with the support of a team of technicians. As an ICT Field Engineer you will be responsible for visiting a number of primary schools on a rota and carrying out hardware/software installations, basic administration, health checks, fault troubleshooting, minor repairs, and maintenance of peripherals and network infrastructure. Own transport required.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues including wireless (experience with Ruckus wireless beneficial)
- Knowledge and experience with batch files and VBS scripts
- Experience packaging and deploying software across networks, msi’s, Ghost, WDS
- Enthusiastic with strong customer facing qualities
- Ability to prioritise jobs and approach them in a logical manner
- Ability to explain issues and solutions in plain English to non-technical users
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated using own initiative and common sense to tackle issues
- Own transport required.
- Clean CRB
Experience and familiarity with the following software;
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 – Server 2012 and 2012 R2 beneficial
- Windows XP Pro, 7 Pro
- Office 2003, 2007, 2010 – 2013 beneficial
Experience with the following would be beneficial but not essential;
- London Grid for Learning/Atomwide
- Fronter MLE
- Integris G2/SIMs
- RM CC3/4
Job roles and responsibilities;
Troubleshoot and repair issues with the following;
Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Interactive Whiteboards (Smart and Promethean), Speakers, Amplifiers, Printers, Visualisers, Cameras, Scanners, Photocopiers (connectivity only – not repair), tablets (iPads, Learnpads, Windows Tablets)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 + Mileage allowance
Part time also considered.
Last edited by Dos_Box; 28th November 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Approved
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)