Hello Folks,

We have an exciting opportunity for a Grade 3 Senior IT Support Officer at Uffculme School. We are soon to be the largest ASD (autism) school in Europe! This is a full time role (36.5 hours) and year round so the salary is actual not prorata.

We are expanding rapidly from a small primary several years ago, to all age now. We have students from nursery right up to Year 11, and up to 19 and perhaps beyond in the future.

In September 2014 we will have a brand new second site dedicated purely to our secondary and post 16 students.

The successful applicant would be responsible for the day to day running of operational IT on the primary site and have a key role in our expansion plans for the new site.

You would join a successful team of two: myself and our term-time technician who will split his time between sites.

Outside of academies being able to participate in the operational and strategic detail work of a new site is a very rare thing. There are primaries going through the extra pupil places programme in Birmingham, but most of those are just adding buildings to the existing site.

The department has an excellent working relationship with the class staff, the Senior Leadership team and the Governing Body. IT is not seen just as a means to an end and we have a say in everything regarding IT expansion - which covers everything from servers and iPads to sensory rooms.

OK hard sell over! We are expanding rapidly and I'd be lying if I said this wasn't an excellent CV building job. Unlike some academies we are handling and co-ordinating the new site in house.

Obviously there are no guarantees, but there could be room for progression in the coming years as we get bigger.

Those who browse the West Midlands jobs may notice I also posted a job for Hamilton ASD Primary a few weeks ago. We did have a service level agreement with them for four terms and now they are in a position to employ their own IT Manager. This job is Senior Tech not Network Manager as right now that could be misleading.

Please visit Uffculme School for the application pack. Visits to the school are definitely advised so you can see where we are, what we are going to be getting and how it all ties together. You can either call the school and they'll try and find me or PM me and I'll be happy to have a chat or invite you round for a tour.