+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Merseyside - new IT Support company setup - looking for a business partner in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I guess I'm taking a chance by advertising here but it's a worth a punt. I've worked in IT for ...

Thank Post

Merseyside - new IT Support company setup - looking for a business partner

I guess I'm taking a chance by advertising here but it's a worth a punt.

I've worked in IT for over 15 years. I currently work in business and school support for a medium sized company but am itching to give it a go myself. I see the money that I'm earning for my boss and I think I'd like a bit of that to be honest.

The reality is that really you need more than 1 person to start a support company for lots of reasons so I'm posting this ad to see if there are any experienced GOOD techs out there who feel the same and want to give it a go. I'm based in around the Merseyside and surrounding areas.

You will need to be able to hold your own technically and be savvy with supporting businesses and not just schools. Be good with networks, routers, AD, DNS, VPN and all the usual business related IT stuff, not just some person who can tinker with a computer. You also need to be willing to give this a real go. I have a family and can't afford to be half a*sed about it so you must be as dedicated as I am.

If this sounds interesting then drop me a message.

Thank Post
    Shame i am looking at doing exactly the same thing, however i am in Suffolk and am about 2-3 years behind as its a big jump and if it doesn't work the family will suffer. Hope you find someone, its well worth doing you can be really successful. I owned a small PC repair business when i was 18 so i know there is money in it when you start playing with the bigger companies.

Thank Post
    cheers

I'm just a bit tired of seeing my boss go his villa for umpteen weeks of the year on the money I earned him. I've been around the block enough to know how to compete and probably do it better than big companies. Shame you're in Suffolk. Good luck to you too though!

Thank Post
    i'd love to do it money is the motive but its a big investment especially if your looking at hosting in a data centre. I'm out here in birmingham though.

Thank Post
    I am thinking of doing the same but at the same time I don't want to quit my current job, I would want to do it on the side and secure contracts on a part-time basis. I am based in London.

Thank Post
    Hi TechAD2013, I am an experienced IT manager having supported IT in schools in the Merseyside area for the last 13 years, the last 7 of which have been in a strategic and development role. I guess in order to be 'interested' I would need to know more about the direction you are looking to take this, the level of investment if any you are seeking from a new partner. I am skilled technically but would highlight my skills in the last few years relate more to IT leadership and positioning/development of schools IT strategy - I have a proven track record of transformational IT in schools.

You sound very determined, however as I am sure you know, there have been startup attempts by a variety of businesses in the Liverpool/Wirral area trying to get a slice of the school IT pie and have gone very hungry. Schools want/demand a lot of support but most school leadership teams are still 10 years behind in terms of recognising the need to invest appropriate funds - as stated earlier I do have a proven track record of development and as such getting the schools I have worked in to realise this and open the purse strings. Happy to chat further if you are?
    Last edited by F4SGM; 10th August 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Thank Post
    @F4SG

Your reply sounds like I could have written it myself

"there have been startup attempts by a variety of businesses in the Liverpool/Wirral area trying to get a slice of the school IT pie and have gone very hungry. "
    - I couldn't agree more. I have sent you a PM.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Hi TechAD,
    I've worked in the educational IT industry for the last 10 years. Am currently based in Merseyside, working for a SME supporting schools and businesses and am also looking to start up on my own. I may even have some clients to bring with. If you could elaborate on what it is you're aiming to do, and any goals you have, I would be very interested to speak to you.

Thank Post
    Hi BMush

I've PM'd you.

Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread