+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Technical CV in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; My view is that if form is online then you fill it in using computer but don't use handwriting font ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Technical CV

My view is that if form is online then you fill it in using computer but don't use handwriting font as that just looks bad. But do make sure that if the form is in bold point 12 for example then make sure that you fill it in 11 point font with no bold. so that your text does not get lost with in the form.

Russell

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by russdev
    My view is that if form is online then you fill it in using computer but don't use handwriting font as that just looks bad. But do make sure that if the form is in bold point 12 for example then make sure that you fill it in 11 point font with no bold. so that your text does not get lost with in the form.

Russell
    Agree with you in using different font size but would you use the same font as the questions ? or deliberately go with a different font to make it easier to differentiate. If so, which font ?

Thank Post

I would use a different font, as it would make it easier to read.

I prefer to type the forms in as my handwriting is also very bad, but i always wonder what the person read the form thinks when it is typed.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by torledo
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax
    ...and type out your cv (it may seem obvious, but people still send in hand written ones), even if asked for a hand written version (attach the typed copy) I hated reading hand written cv's, and they usually went to the bottom of the pile if there were a lot to get through.
    What's the general consensus on handwritten or typed application forms ?

A lot of application forms are made available online in PDF and Word format. I always where possible fill it out on the computer (using a handwriting-esque font) before printing out. Obviously if the form is sent to me in the post I generally don't bother with scanning it in..I just fill it in by hand..but my handwriting is truly awful.

Do employers have a preference ?
    If the form is sent through the post, and there's no option but to fill it in by hand, then do so. But, when it comes to adding "Additional Information", or why you feel you have the relevant skills for the job, type that out and then write something like "see attached sheets" in the space provided.
    I wouldn't go for "handwriting" fonts as it only serves to highlight how poor your own handwriting is. AVOID COMIC SANS. (That's just a personal grouse).
    As I think I said earlier, when I came across a hand written application during short listing, it went straight to the bottom of the pile, to be looked at later (when you're tired out).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12