Vacancy - Oasis Community Learning:
ICT Support Technician (Manchester area)
£14,733 - £16,054 (NJC SP 11-15, National)
Due to recent promotions in our ICT team, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated self-starter to join the ICT department at Oasis, one of the largest Academy sponsors in the UK.
The Oasis ICT department services our Academies nationwide, providing staff, pupil and external customers support for all aspects of an IT infrastructure, including Networking, Server, Desktop & Laptop Hardware (Tier 1 Products) and Software.
This essential role will be part of a Service Desk within the ICT Services Department, located in the Manchester area, working with a sociable, hardworking and friendly team of ICT professionals providing:
- Smooth running of ICT systems to facilitate teaching, learning, administration and leadership
- Support to pupils and staff in the appropriate use of ICT, through advice and training
- Remote and face-to-face technical support in line with the academy’s ICT support service definition
- Support and assistance to allow effective use of ICT by staff and students and improving their understanding and experience of its use
As the successful candidate will be required to travel between local academy sites in the Manchester area providing support and advice, it is essential that you own your own car and hold a valid, full, clean UK/EU driving licence.
If you are a good communicator, have an enthusiastic approach to customer service, strong audio visual skills, are task driven, keen to learn, have a basic understanding of Microsoft technology, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, possess a good understanding of computer hardware and troubleshooting hardware and have sound problem analysis and problem solving skills, then we would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a National IT Team which has recently invested ¾ of a million pounds in IT systems. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
• A good Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme using industry certified accreditation e.g. Microsoft Certified professional , COMPTIA etc
• An opportunity to work with new technology e.g. HP Servers, CISCO etc
• A final salary pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
• A generous holiday allowance for support staff, starting at 25 days per year, rising to 30 days after two years (including 8 Bank Holidays)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced CRB checks.
If you are interested in this position, please send us a copy of your CV. This should be returned by 12 Noon on Friday 19th July 2013 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place in Oldham on the 26th July 2013.
Please highlight any questions to Rob White, HR Administrator (020 7921 4423). No contacts from Agencies please. Thank you!
Last edited by Dos_Box; 25th June 2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Authorised ad
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)