+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Looks like an amazing opportunity in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...
    msi

Thank Post

Looks like an amazing opportunity

So - a school I used to work at is recruiting for the following (and I quote, from Twitter!)

"Ops||Dev||SysAdmin||Barista £40k Replies-> @dcgsTechJob"

(Pretty sure that last list item is a wildcard )

So yeh - go wild, please RT to all your contacts. Twitter handle as above.

I gather they are looking to recruit from outside of education as well as top-tier candidates from within education, either way I'm pretty sure candidates will need to be creative / talented / guru types!
    Last edited by msi; 12th June 2013 at 09:10 PM.

Thank Post
    How can you tell when the only job advert on the school site is for a cleaner.......

Thank Post
    Yep. No information about the job itself, nor any info on how to apply (or even where to find more info).
    One of the tweets says "At the moment we are just putting out feelers...", which isn't particularly useful. I'll consider myself 'felt'.

Thank Post
    I might be interested to hear more or get in touch but I'd guess my aversion to social networking probably rules me out anyway.

msi

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrince View Post
    Yep. No information about the job itself, nor any info on how to apply (or even where to find more info).
    I think the tweet implies they are looking for someone with experience in Operations (e.g. a medium-business COO at that salary), OR an experienced developer, OR a highly experienced Sys Admin. As to what kind of dev work, ops work, or what systems are used, perhaps it would be pretty easy to engage them in that conversation over twitter? Maybe as a freelancer I'm biased, but I see the ability to define your own job as a bonus, not a turn-off.

Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    I might be interested to hear more or get in touch but I'd guess my aversion to social networking probably rules me out anyway.
    I think an enthusiasm to engage via social media would be a really good start for a job like this one. School is definitely looking for a creative type to fit into an existing team of developers...

Sorry if the above sounds a bit nebulous / artsy, as I said I'm not employed by the school at the moment, but I do know the people who work there and they have a great reputation for innovation in school ICT so the role does sound good.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread