Educational IT Jobs Thread, ICT Technician - West/South Yorkshire in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...
17th May 2013, 04:08 PM #1
ICT Technician - West/South Yorkshire
ICT Technician post available on the West/South Yorkshire border. Closing date Friday 31st May.
Click here for further details.
Full time 37 hours.
GRADE G5 SCP 18-21 (£17161 - £19126)
12 months fixed term contract in the first instance
We are looking for a technician to join an innovative and forward-thinking college who has a minimum of 4 GCSE’s and
• Experience in installation, maintenance and repair of ICT
• Technical knowledge of ICT
software and who can identify and resolve ICT
• Has good team working skills and can support the use of ICT
in a classroom
• Can provide advice and support to ICT
& classroom users across College & Partnership Schools.
• Has a full UK driving licence
21st May 2013, 09:48 AM #2
- Rep Power
Is there a problem with recruitment at the college? Last time this vacancy was advertised it was listed at grade 4 (Term time) that was about in March. Previous to that back in January it was advertised at Grade 5 (Term time). Now back to Grade 5. That is approx. 3 technicians within 6 months. Back in January there were 3 IT positions advertised together. I was considering applying for this vacancy however I am a bit unsure about the fact that the is a high staff turnover. Is the anyone out there who could tell me a bit more about the college and the IT department structure?
Last edited by Sparky1; 21st May 2013 at 09:49 AM.
21st May 2013, 11:59 AM #3
You are mistaken, Sparky1. 3 positions were advertised in January...
* NM (existing position) - which was filled
* Web Developer (new position which didn't previously exist) - which didn't receive suitable applicants and wasn't filled
* Service Desk Analyst (again, a new position which didn't previously exist and was advertised as Grade 4 term-time only) - which SLT then decided not to fill.
...but the last position to be advertised prior to that was September last year. The position being advertised is to replace this Technician as the current post holder is moving to a more senior position at another school.
By john in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 17th September 2009, 12:58 AM
By steve in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 4th June 2009, 07:45 PM
By elsiegee40 in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 3rd October 2008, 05:27 PM
By blittle in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 30th April 2008, 01:18 PM
By DavidB4910 in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 20th June 2007, 03:30 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)