+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, IT Assistant Interview in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hey guys, i have been invited to an interview on monday regarding the position of an IT assistant, what kind ...

Thank Post

IT Assistant Interview

Hey guys, i have been invited to an interview on monday regarding the position of an IT assistant, what kind of questions will be asked? Its a agricultural based company.

The job description only listed that i will be assisting the it manager, installing new hard ware, help desk issues, trouble shooting..

it also said that SQL knowledge would be advantageous, im not really good with it, will this matter? is it easy to learn?

cheers.

Thank Post
    I won't of thought this would matter too much, as otherwise it would of been in the essential criteria.
    I would just say that you are willing to learn it.

SQL is quite difficult to learn and will take a while to completely understand.

Cheers

Gareth

Thank Post
    Agreed. They could equally have said "Being prepared to work for 'nowt would be advantageous. It might be worth boning up on what SQL is, just so you can answer any question with a bit of knowledge. I would expect that the IT Manager is looking for someone to initially take some of the routine stuff off his hands. Installing printers, basic trouble-shooting that sort of thing. When I came for my interview here I was shown a 3.5" floppy drive and asked what it was and how I would check if it was faulty.

Thank Post
    Cheers for the reply guys, will take it all on board.

Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Agreed. They could equally have said "Being prepared to work for 'nowt would be advantageous. It might be worth boning up on what SQL is, just so you can answer any question with a bit of knowledge. I would expect that the IT Manager is looking for someone to initially take some of the routine stuff off his hands. Installing printers, basic trouble-shooting that sort of thing. When I came for my interview here I was shown a 3.5" floppy drive and asked what it was and how I would check if it was faulty.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread