LOCHINVER HOUSE SCHOOL
Systems Manager Required
Salary between £35-40K plus benefits including generous private pensions scheme, health cover, 6 weeks holiday and discounted gym membership
Ideally applicants will be able to start by 1st May 2013, to enable the successful candidate to complete an in-depth handover period with the current Systems Manager.
The departmental team consists of a Systems Manager with the support of one full time technician. The Systems Manager would direct the work of the IT technician. The successful candidate will support and work closely with, the Head of ICT who is responsible for the delivery of the curriculum.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please submit your details to William Townsend at Education Support Professionals, who is exclusively managing the recruitment to this crucial post. Tel 0845 686 0690 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Lochinver House School is a Boys’ Day Preparatory School situated in Little Heath on the outskirts of Potters Bar. The school was founded in 1947 with a roll of 36 boys, currently there are 348 boys. It owns all its own land and buildings and has extensive playing fields. The Headmaster is a member of the Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools (IAPS). The school has recently been inspected. The school is a very successful educational establishment and has an outstanding reputation in the area, being the largest all boys’ day preparatory school north of the M25. The school’s academic results speak for themselves.
The Department is forward looking and innovative with a large budget consistent with the School’s ethos of remaining in the forefront of technology. The Systems Manger would be expected to research and advise on developments in ICT hardware, software, systems, network infrastructure and their management. The successful candidate would be expected to develop the School’s strategic plan with consideration of operational, logistical and the financial implications of that plan. The School has over 122 computers and is looking to introduce tablets to pupils to support their work within the curriculum. Lochinver has recently introduced a new Management Information System which the successful candidate would be expected to develop to support the School’s administration.
Management of the core network and associated IT and ICT technology at Lochinver House School. The successful candidate will be skilled in a broad range of Windows server based technologies and will have experience of project management and successfully implementing change. The IT Manager is expected to cater for the technology requirements of both teaching and administrative staff to deliver robust ICT systems to support outstanding learning, teaching and management within the school. Candidates must also be flexible, committed, self-motivated and proactive with a positive can-do approach. The schools demand for educational technology is now increasing at a significant rate and the IT Manager is expected to be a key driving force behind future successes.
Key roles and responsibilities
• Responsible and account for the smooth operation of the network infrastructure and end user support
• Provide excellent technical leadership and management for network infrastructure.
• Evaluate new technologies and develop new network strategies.
• Provide expert knowledge to resolve network and PC related problems.
• Manage new network development and implementation projects.
• Deliver documentation on network design, PC hardware inventory.
• Conducts periodic reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, school policies, best practices and IT industry standards are achieved.
• Assists in the installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of desktop technology hardware and software
• Assists in the setup and operation of audio visual hardware as required by end user.
• Determines appropriate hardware and software based on corporate policy and end user requirements.
• Develop the ICT strategy and provide the technical knowledge required to deliver on-going and future ICT projects to budget constraints and relevant and procedures.
• Attend ICT exhibitions and shows to assess developments in new technology
Technical skills required:
As the IT Manager you are likely to be able to demonstrate the ability to direct a support team and resolve issues in some if not all of the following:
• Solid working knowledge of server operating systems Windows Server 2008-R2 , Hyper-V, SAN Cluster, Exchange 2010, MS Office Professional 2010/2013 and Windows 7 Professional. SQL 2008
• Active Directory and Group Policy
• System Centre 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager, Data Protection Manager, Configuration Manager.
• VOIP – Mitel 5000
• Wireless network management and security – Meru Networks.
• MIS – School Database – Furlong Solutions
• Working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and computer hardware components. .
• Hands on experience in the installation, modification and repair of IT hardware and software.
• Sound knowledge of networking switches, routers, hubs, servers, cables, racks, firewalls, LAN, WAN, VLANS, TCP/IP, DNS, VoIP and Wireless networks.
Still got a little room on the shortlist for this job, lovely school and nice windows set up
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)