Educational IT Jobs Thread, MIS Consultant - Nottingham City Council in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an MIS Consultant with experience of supporting SIMS to join a friendly team of ...
8th February 2013, 10:29 AM #1
- Rep Power
MIS Consultant - Nottingham City Council
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an MIS Consultant with experience of supporting SIMS to join a friendly team of IT professionals who provide a comprehensive range of IT services to Nottingham City Schools.
This is an extremely busy yet rewarding role that will require the successful candidate to provide 2nd Line telephone support, visit schools to provide onsite consultancy and deliver classroom based training in the use and development of SIMS software.
This job advert can be viewed at https://www.eastmidlandsjobs.org.uk/...CS_144_/115260
Additional duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Able to support Microsoft Office 2007/2010 products
- Provide support for the core SIMS suite including SIMS .net reporting
- Provide support for bespoke applications and 3rd party applications used by Nottingham City Schools
- Produce support documentation for colleagues and customers
- Ability to update the extranet information with guidance and support information for customers
- Provide support for 1st Line colleagues in their use of SIMS.net
- Provide support for schools with statutory data returns
- Ability to use Service Desk software to log, update, resolve and record time for charging purposes
- Assist in the management of School MIS upgrades
- Liaise with 3rd parties re the resolution of MIS queries
You will be able to demonstrate strong communication skills both verbally and in writing, be self-motivated and contribute effectively as part of a team. Applicants will need full driving license and have use of a car for business purposes.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Informal enquiries please contact Tony Roman 0115 9157542
To apply for this post please download all supporting documents for completion. When you have completed your application form and the Equality & Diversity monitoring form (plus any other relevant forms) please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any problems downloading the supporting documents please contact Recruitment Shared Services 0115 8763555.
Please note this vacancy closes at 23.59 pm on the closing date unless otherwise stated.
8th February 2013, 01:14 PM #2
Before anyone asks what the salary is, here are some more details (taken from the advert linked above).
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Advert Start Date: 07/02/2013
Advert End Date: 22/02/2013 23:59
Salary: £22,958 - £25,472
Hours per week: 37
Job Category: ICT
Vacancy ID: 115260
Employment Location: North E-Learning Centre, Nottingham
Post Number: CS144
By DocHouse in forum Birmingham Grid for Learning (BGfL)
Last Post: 24th October 2012, 12:32 PM
By Rawns in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
Last Post: 18th June 2011, 07:47 PM
By SpecialAgent in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 26th October 2009, 06:18 PM
By Ayaz in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 20th April 2008, 08:05 AM
By jow75 in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 8th August 2006, 03:01 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)