2nd/3rd Line Technical Support Engineer
Salary: £20,000 to £26,000
Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
Apex Network Solutions Limited are a growing ICT Managed Service Provider offering Consultancy, Design, Installation and Support Services within the Education Sector and Small Businesses.
We are looking to recruit for the role of 2nd/3rd Line Technical Support Engineer to join our existing team who will provide desktop, network and server hardware/software support using telephone, remote, e-mail and onsite support within agreed service levels.
The role will involve call logging, diagnosing and resolving support incidents/problems that are reported by our clients and where required liaising with the appropriate 3rd party hardware/software vendors; also the role will involve attending scheduled maintenance visits for our contracted clients around the North West.
The successful candidate will have a proven experience in working within a technical support environment and have at least 2+ years of experience of telephone and face to face IT support and will work alongside other engineers to gain experience during installation projects helping to expand their knowledge, and offer better support for our clients.
- 2 years+ experience of managing and supporting Windows Server 2003-2008 and Windows XP/Windows 7 environments
- Must have a good working knowledge of networking infrastructure, firewalls, SSLVPN appliances
- Supporting Active Directory/DHCP/DNS/Group Policy Management environments
- Supporting Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- Supporting Microsoft ISA 2004/2006/Forefront
- Supporting Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010
- Supporting Virtualization Hypervisors (VMware/Hyper-V/XenServer)
- Supporting Various Anti-Virus, Security and Backup solutions
- Supporting Tier 1 hardware (Servers/Storage/Networking/Desktops/Mobile Devices)
- Microsoft/VMware qualifications
- Experience of working within the Education Sector
It is expected that the successful candidate have their own car and Full UK Driving Licence and as the role involves working within education the position will be subject to successfully obtaining an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Please send your CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference ANS/TECH01
Last edited by ZeroHour; 21st January 2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Authorised Ad - ZH
The above position has now been filled.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)