+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, 3 ICT Jobs - Hemsworth Arts & Community College - West Yorkshire in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...

Thank Post

Lightbulb 3 ICT Jobs - Hemsworth Arts & Community College - West Yorkshire

ICT Network Manager
    Full Time 37 hours - All year round
    Grade G9 SCP 34-37 (£28,636 - £30,851)

We are looking for an experienced ICT Network Manager with management experience to join an innovative and forward-thinking college & partnership schools who can effectively lead a team &

• Can develop & implement new systems to fulfil ICT strategic plans.
    • Has Technical knowledge of ICT software and who can identify and resolve ICT problems & be responsible for the provision of ICT infrastructure within college & Partnership Schools.
    • Has good team working skills & can work with Senior Management.
    • Can plan for major ICT developments within college & project manage the implementation, configuration & installation processes.
    • Can plan, develop & implement the ICT budget.

Web Technologies Developer/Web Services Administrator
    Full Time 37 hours - All year round
    Grade G5 SCP 18-21 (£17,161 - £19,126)

We are looking for a Web Technologies Developer to join an innovative and forward-thinking college a with relevant Web Development Qualification who:

• Has knowledge of web based technologies and web design and has experience of working on development projects and web based information systems.
    • Has the ability to co-ordinate the development of services delivered through web-based technologies and can promote usage of web based services.
    • Can develop new systems to improve, expand and integrate current systems
    • Can manage and develop the structure and format of the college website and learning platforms.
    • Has good team working skills & can also work & communicate with senior management

ICT Service Desk Analyst
    Full Time 37 hours - Term time only
    Grade G4 SCP 17-17 (£15,725 - £16,830)

We are looking for a ICT Service Desk Analyst to join an innovative and forward-thinking college with GCSE (or equivalent) or NVQ Level 2 in Installing & Supporting IT Systems who has knowledge in this particular area, who:

• Has good communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner who can staff an ICT Service Desk and deal with staff and students via telephone and on line.
    • Has the ability to record diagnostic information and work to a clearly defined service level definition.
    • Think on their own feet and determine solutions to ICT problems.
    • Can manage their own work load and prioritise as well as being flexible
    • Has good team working skills and the ability to respond to a changing and expanding environment.

Further details and application forms can be found on the College website here.

Closing date for all vacancies is the 21st January 2013.

Thank Post

Exclamation Reminder

Just a quick reminder that these posts close a week today (Monday 21st January 2013)

Thank Post
    Interesting... however my only concern is why they seem to be looking for quite a large chunk of IT department at once?
    Additionally can I be pedantic and point out the mistake on the ICT Manager's job description part 2 where you list the salary starting at £2863
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 14th January 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Thank Post
    Is it the case that the network manager position has been advertised several times in the last 6 months or so? Forgive me if i've got my schools mixed up.

Thank Post
    The network manager is a existing role, however the web developer and the Service Desk Analyst are new roles to the college. It just happens that they have all come round at the same time. I will pass on your comment with regards to a typo to the admin team who prepared the documents.

We had a vacancy for Deputy ICT Network Manager around six months ago, this maybe what you are thinking about Michael.

Thank Post
    Has Technical knowledge of ICT software and who can identify and resolve ICT problems & be responsible for the provision of ICT infrastructure within college & Partnership Schools. . Assume more work load.

Thank Post
    The support team at HACC also look after a number of primary schools in the local community and also the Wakefield South East Training & Enterprise Centre (Wakefield South East Training & Enterprise Centre).

Thank Post
    Nearly 1600 users and primary school and local community ICT work.

Is anyone know the structure of the ICT Team in this college ?

Thank Post
    I am sure Rachel Brannan would be able to assist in any queries you have with regards to the roles and there remits. You can find her contact details on the college website (http://www.hemsworth.wakefield.sch.uk/?_id=492)
    Last edited by tomearnshaw; 15th January 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Thank Post

Monday 21st Jan

Quote Originally Posted by tomearnshaw View Post
    Just a quick reminder that these posts close a week today (Monday 21st January 2013)
    is this the close of Business on the 21st of Jan? Thanks

Thank Post
    I will get back to you to confirm, but I would believe it will be close of business on Monday.

Thank Post
    Just to confirm, the closing point for applications is 17:00 on Monday 21st January 2013.

Thank Post
    Reading these comments with interest. The ICT manager vacancy has been advertised before in summer last year, as was the deputy ICT managers job so this is the second time to my knowledge that these jobs have been advertised recently. I have also seen other ICT positions recently advertised within this department.As for Stuart_C's comments that they seem to be looking for quite a large chunk of the IT department, it certainly appears so. Rather strange? Makes you wonder why? They will not get many applicants if they are advertising vacancies with numbers missing off salary. Starting salary £2863 doesn't sound very tempting. Saying that it's only a few thousand out.
    Last edited by Sparky1; 22nd January 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Thank Post
    Hi Sparky1,

Indeed, vacancies have been advertised previously. However, this is what you get when you have strong internal candidates applying for these vacancies, you get a domino effect. ICT manager moves to a new school, Deputy steps up, vacancy is still there for a different role. Technician moves up to deputy, yet again another vacancy needs filling, get the picture?! I think this shows that the college has a strong team and a belief in rewarding hard work and loyalty.

As for the typo, sack the admin team ;-) If candidates are confused by the numbers, probably not the vacancy for them to apply for...

By the by, vacancy has now closed. Good luck to all those who applied. I look forward to meeting those that are shortlisted for interview...

Thank Post

No I don’t get the picture Thomas, if it is a so called domino effect then why are you advertising three jobs instead of one as the other jobs will be filled by internal staff. Also you have totally missed the point regarding the salary figure. What I was referring to is not the incompetence on the side of applicants but the incompetence on the side of admin. As for your comment regarding domino effect and promotion within the office is there a much point for anyone to have applied for the vacancy if the jobs seem to have already been allocated internally.
    Last edited by Sparky1; 22nd January 2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: extra content

16. Thanks to Sparky1 from:

TechieWils (22nd January 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast