+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Assistant IT Technician - Grantham, Lincs in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; One of my technicians has been nicked by another company headhunting him for $moreMoney and $fancyTripsAbroad, so there's a gap ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 852 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Assistant IT Technician - Grantham, Lincs

One of my technicians has been nicked by another company headhunting him for $moreMoney and $fancyTripsAbroad, so there's a gap in our team that needs a-filling.

As Assistant IT Technician you will work alongside one-and-a-half other technicians and myself as NM in supporting 450-ish Windows 7 computers in a vanilla 2008R2 domain that largely runs on a Hyper-V failover cluster. We run Office 2010 & Adobe CS5, 3COM/HP switches in VLANs, Spiceworks on Apache and other sites on IIS, ePortal, SCCM2012, Securus, Smoothwall and Moodle, amongst other things. The more you know about any of these out of the gate, the better, but if not - I only learnt most of them as they happened to me anyway.

If you are comfortable supporting websites though, it will be an advantage - it's an annoying CMS we have to live with, but it'll be your job to live with it.

The school is an all-girls selective academy rated Outstanding by Ofsted (September 2012), and is honestly a lovely place to work. If the job is ever hard work, it's not from dealing with problem children, it's from being pushed to excel by staff and students and their high expectations.

The office has a kettle and a biscuit jar both. One day soon I'll clean out the sweet jar and refill that as well.

Salary is G4.9 - G4.12, so starting at 16,440 and eventually rising to 18,453. 37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, with 24 days holiday + bank holidays.

More information on our website; applications close at noon on Friday 21st December (i.e. end of term), and we're anticipating interviewing the second week of next term to have someone start Feb half term.

Any questions, just ask - it's me you'd be working for so hopefully I can give you an answer.

Thank Post
    Heh, if I hadnt moved to London then I would be perfect for this, worked with all of those things listed!

Thank Post
    one-and-a-half other technicians? got elves working there now then?

And I much say this is a great place to work.... and if wasn't down south then I would gladly apply

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyspoof View Post
    one-and-a-half other technicians? got elves working there now then?

And I much say this is a great place to work.... and if wasn't down south then I would gladly apply
    Not sure I'd risk giving you the job again in case you just upped and abandoned us all over, don't think I could take the heartbreak :P

And one-and-a-half as in one-full-and-one-part-timer, as you know full well. Stop stirring!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    And one-and-a-half as in one-full-and-one-part-timer, as you know full well. Stop stirring!
    If it wasn't her, it would have been me. [Quick gender check says Spooky is teh female.]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Closing date is Friday at midday - we all want to go home for Christmas - so worth getting your ticket in now if you can.

Thank Post

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post

Closing date is Friday at midday - we all want to go home for Christmas - so worth getting your ticket in now if you can.
    Whilst the role is not what I'm looking for... you get +1 Internets from me for using Spiceworks!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread