+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Is this a Job offer or Training Crap? in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I saw this: My client is a leading network company based in Birmingham who are now offering a progressive career ...
    Thank Post

Angry Is this a Job offer or Training Crap?

I saw this:

My client is a leading network company based in Birmingham who are now offering a progressive career opportunity for the right candidate who is a confident individual to train into an IT Support role. You need only have a basic knowledge of IT but a positive mindset is essential to provide excellent customer care. This role is for those candidates seeking to enter the IT sector and learn on the job after certification in Comptia. Your responsibilities will include providing an excellent customer service to the end user of their IT and logging any issues to escalate them if required. The candidate needs to be someone who can be analytical and problem solve whilst maintaining a calm persona to the customer. Candidate must have a ‘can do’ attitude and a strong desire to learn quickly. The role will be highly customer focused and it is essential for candidates to be well presented and have excellent communication and customer service skills. If you are looking to start a career in IT, have strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in customer service please apply asap to avoid disappointment
    Is that those companies that gets you to come to them then tell you about training then POSSIBLE job placement?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IT_Master View Post
    I saw this:

Is that those companies that gets you to come to them then tell you about training then POSSIBLE job placement?
    confident individual to train into an IT Support role
    on the job after certification in Comptia
    Training it seems.

Steve

3. Thanks to Steve21 from:

IT_Master (14th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Knew it! (Hiss Teeth)

What's with these companies? Hate it!

Thank Post
    I had something similiar to that, but they wanted the training cost upfront and if you got the job at the end which they couldnt garuntee you'd get your money back.

Thank Post
    To be fair I got into this game through a company like that i.e. training (to be fair they didnt teach me much) and then guaranteed position somewhere. Basically they had an internal recruitment agency and what I found useful was not so much the IT training but the advise and support with getting work. They did get me work at 2 different places, including my current position.

Guess some of these companies can be useful to break into the market.

Thank Post
    And on top of that, they sent me an email:

Hello
    This is an email to confirm your interview with X at our Midlands Office. I have detailed your interview below.
    Date: 14/11/2012
    Time: 16:00

Please make sure you dress smart and come prepared with any questions you may have. You may want to bring a copy of your CV to refer to your past experience / history. When you arrive in the building, please ask for X from X at reception.
    I'm going to call to confirm if this is a job or training. I have things to do better than wasting my time. Why would they say to dress smart and it's not a job offer? That's why Im calling.
    Last edited by IT_Master; 14th November 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Thank Post
    Still sounds like a training company that offer employment at the end. Some of these companies will interview you as if you are going for a job so they can assess if you are suitable for them or not as some of these companies make money by getting you work (from the employer and potentially in addition to collecting training fees).

Whats the name of the company? What did google turn up?
    Last edited by apeo; 14th November 2012 at 09:45 AM.

Thank Post
    I would avoid things like this speaking from personal experience. When I was first looking to get an IT role I ended up with a company who provided training with the promise of a job at the end which would be found through their internal recruitment company. The course was pre paid. The company ended up going into liquidation and I had a long fight to get my course fees back. I also ended up having to sell their courses to others working through a pile of cvs they had obtained from various job sites. I'm sure there are legitimate companies of this nature but I would approach with caution when it comes to paying up front for any training.

10. Thanks to Peter220779 from:

IT_Master (14th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    ...Whats the name of the company? What did google turn up?
    Kinetic Resource (Birmingham)

I'll attend their "interview" and let you know of the outcome. What hurts me is that Ive spent money at H&M for "smart" clothing lol

Edited:

I have decided not to go. I rang up to see what this interview is for and it's a training course! They will send you to their training provider ( you pay first) then hope to get a job. If no job then you'll get a refund. I did not asked how long is considered not being able to find a job. Complete waste of time. Come to think of it, I don't recall sending them an application.
    Last edited by IT_Master; 14th November 2012 at 01:43 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread