Network manager job (senior ICT technician) in independent school in Hertfordshire:
We have a vacancy for a network manager at Sherrardswood School.

We are a small all-through independent school (nursery to sixth form) in lovely grounds near Welwyn, Hertfordshire. There are currently about 280 children at the school and we pride ourselves on our friendly, family atmosphere. (For anyone interested, I strongly recommend a visit so that you can experience the special nature of the school).

Our two experienced technicians have left and we have created a new Network Manger post who will be responsible for managing all aspects of ICT hardware, software and infrastructure across the school (with 3rd line support from a local company).

This includes our management information system (PASS), curriculum & admin servers, staff and student computers, wireless and wired infrastructure, projectors and interactive whiteboards.

We are looking for a reliable and independent worker with a good range of expertise who can communicate well with users. We do not have access to the same levels ICT finance as large state schools so the ability to find creative solutions will come in useful too!

Salary will be in the range £22,000-£25,000 depending on experience.

Job descriptions and form can be found at Staff Vacancies | Sherrardswood School (I'm the bald bloke in the background image - and those XP machines were replaced with new Win7 machines last week - note that with 13 students this is our largest ICT class!)

Please feel free to contact me to ask for more information, express and interest or to arrange a visit.

The vacancy is currently being covered by a contract with an engineer on site part time from our 3rd line support company. We will only appoint someone permanently if they show that they are special enough(!)

Jason Hunt, ICT Director.