Consultancy / Tech Support
Yes I know most of you are in-house staff but for the few that do outsource certain tasks what are you being charged, and does it reflect the quality of the service. Do the companies you use take into account the educational differences from business and are you given generic solutions for a specific problem?
Thanks in advance
How I worked out my charges
Though I wasn't a consultant, I was self employed, and this is how I worked out my charges.
1. What equipment did I need to complete the job=depreciation+insurance+replacement costs
2. Did I need a car=depreciation+insurance+replacement costs+fuel+servicing
3. Cost of commercial premises (office etc)=rent+council tax+electricity/gas/phone (services)
4. Someone to answer the phone/manage my diary=salary+insurance+NI
5. Accountant (someone to sort out the vat etc)
6. Ibuprofen/Paracetemol/Asprin/Health Insurance