Transfering Emails from Capita
I'm thinking lots of people must have done this (or planned how to do it) but I can't find any reference on here or the rest of the web.....
My school is leaving EMpsn and moving to another provider. Currently we use EMBC's (or rather CAPITA's) email accessed via Outlook Web Access. Obviously, come Oct 31st all these emails will disappear or be inaccessible. All the teachers (and of course the office and head and me!) will need their email backing up and I thought this a simple (if laborious) process as follows:
- Configure Outlook 2010 for each person's email account, set as IMAP.
- All emails synch and appear in Outlook 2010
- Backup to offline file at the last minute
- Change mail server settings to that of the new provider
- Outlook 2010 synchs and all emails disappear.
- Re-instate backup
However, I tried this on a dummy email address and it doesn't work as I thought it would.
If I use EXPORT to create a backup, when I IMPORT, only the inbox gets comes in. Also, all "email received" dates are replaced with the current time and date thus losing the date stamp (although the date is correct when the email is opened).
Other methods have similar problems
Has anyone done this? If so, what did you do?