+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, Nottingam 1C1N Migration in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hi Has anyone gone through this over the holidays, and it any problems with Site Hosted Exchange servers? We can ...
    Thank Post

Nottingam 1C1N Migration

Hi

Has anyone gone through this over the holidays, and it any problems with Site Hosted Exchange servers?

We can currently email internally (the least I would expect :-)), receive external email, but are unable to send external email.

We get a "Relaying Denied" bounce back.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Were you previously sending your emails out via relay.embc.uk.com? Have you been given a different SMTP gateway address to relay through?

Thank Post
    Yep, that got changed on Monday/Tuesday last week. (Its now relay.nottscc.gov.uk)

Emails are bouncing back with

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test email
    Sent: 28/02/2011 11:03

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

helpdesk@nottscc.gov.uk on 28/02/2011 11:06
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <CLW-SR-EXCH.CARLTON.INTERNAL #5.5.0 smtp;550 <helpdesk@nottscc.gov.uk> Relaying denied>

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can you reach other email addresses outside of Notts? Give grumbledook@edugeek.net a go.

Thank Post
    The only email problem we have is Blackberries can no longer access school email without buying expensive 3rd party software. A lot of unhappy people about that change.

Anyone figured out how to access and edit your own school website? wh01-node4.nottscc.gov.uk doesn’t seem to offer any login box like the old ftp site did.

Thank Post
    Seems fine for use via FTP and PLESK is fine.

Thank Post
    Its seems to be all external addresses (tried gmail, hotmail, a few suppliers). The helpdesk one was just the last one I tried (to see if County addresses worked)

Thank Post
    Has anyone got phones to sync with exchange? I followed these instructions Apple iPhone

• Go to Settings
    • Choose 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars'
    • Click 'Add Account...'
    • Choose 'Microsoft Exchange'
    • Enter your 1c1n email address
    • Enter 'schools' in the domain field
    • Enter your normal 1C1N username and password
    • Click Next
    • Wait for it to attempt to verify....
    • Now enter the server 'mail.nottscc.gov.uk' and click Next
    • Choose the things you want to sync (probably all) and click Done

All I get is Exchange Account verification failed.

Thank Post
    All working, once EdIT passed onto Synetrix, it was running within the hour. Misconfiguration on a Mail Marshall rule.

Thank Post
    Ah, the old synetrix misconfiguration issue... not had any of them during the switch over :/

Thank Post
    Luckily...... (wheres that block of wood to touch), the changeover has gone okay bar the email issue.
    Could have been worse, I had to take last week off, and there was only other support in Monday and Tuesday. He was left with a list of bits to change on the system, but wasnt going to be around the rest of the week to solve an direct issues.
    I did a remote connection on Thursday once I realised email wasnt working, and realised I forgot to leave instructions to change the Last Rule webchain setting on ISA, so at that point, no web-browsing was working.
    Normally would have been okay.. but this week we have Ofsted in, "luckily" (but not for all) it is "only" a Subject inspection. There was abit of panic for management that they couldnt email out (from school email), but I was happy they trusted my view that it was an issue out of our control. Just a shame it took until yesterday for EdIT to pass on Synetrix, having emailed them (via GMail) last week...

Oh well, we live and learn. As I said, could have been for worse.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyez View Post
    Luckily...... (wheres that block of wood to touch), the changeover has gone okay bar the email issue.
    Could have been worse, I had to take last week off, and there was only other support in Monday and Tuesday. He was left with a list of bits to change on the system, but wasnt going to be around the rest of the week to solve an direct issues.
    I did a remote connection on Thursday once I realised email wasnt working, and realised I forgot to leave instructions to change the Last Rule webchain setting on ISA, so at that point, no web-browsing was working.
    Normally would have been okay.. but this week we have Ofsted in, "luckily" (but not for all) it is "only" a Subject inspection. There was abit of panic for management that they couldnt email out (from school email), but I was happy they trusted my view that it was an issue out of our control. Just a shame it took until yesterday for EdIT to pass on Synetrix, having emailed them (via GMail) last week...

Oh well, we live and learn. As I said, could have been for worse.
    We had the same problem with emails, and found that as soon as it got passed on to Synetrix, they were on the case and it got resolved pretty quick really. Again, for us it was just a shame it took so long to be passed on to the people who could actually sort it!

Thank Post
    Has anyone tried sending email to an EMBC school? I've reported the issue to helpdesk, but I can't resolve mx1.embc.uk.com or mx2.embc.uk.com from the 1C1N network, which may be where the issue lies...

Thank Post
    Filter system is very dodgy at the moment, No end of emails being blocked - Application forms for an IT Tech job here can't even get through!

Has everybody been swapped over to there new routers yet for 1C1N? we are still on the old cisco box.

Thank Post
    We've got both in place... old one still in use, awaiting an engineer to switch us over from old to new... had the new router in place, connected to the new circuit (but not to our lan) since mid december.
    Last edited by Willott; 3rd March 2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: portal.nottscc.gov.uk reappeared as I clicked save...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast