+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, Website Hosting - Upgrades? in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Anyone know what is going on with the website hosting? I've not seen the letter that was sent out....
  1. #1

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    409
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192

    Website Hosting - Upgrades?

    Anyone know what is going on with the website hosting? I've not seen the letter that was sent out.

  2. #2

    rush_tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,427
    Thank Post
    112
    Thanked 269 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    195
    Letter?

  3. #3

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    10,074
    Thank Post
    1,384
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    614
    I'll try and get a generic copy over to you on Monday, failing that I'll see about getting the general timescales published. Remember that all letters like this get addressed to the head ...

  4. #4

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    409
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    From what I read work starts on Monday. A letter may have been sent to the head, yes, but being half term here I think the post has been held back.

  5. #5

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    10,074
    Thank Post
    1,384
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    614
    Sorry I didn't get back you on this. Did you get hold of the letter in the end?

  6. #6

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    409
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    I did, yes, sorry.

    Interesting how despite the upgrades they're still announcing that the servers are being put under increased load due to the weather which is affecting performance. Was this not what the upgrades were meant to be resolve?

  7. #7
    gonzodad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    40
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I did, yes, sorry.

    Interesting how despite the upgrades they're still announcing that the servers are being put under increased load due to the weather which is affecting performance. Was this not what the upgrades were meant to be resolve?
    Hi Edu-IT - the upgrades are designed to improve performance, the works started 25/10 and individual website migrations began on the 22nd November. Unfortunately the adverse weather came in the middle of the migrations, so the full benefit of the upgrades were not realised. The migrations finished on Friday 3rd Dec.

  8. #8
    kaphc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    592
    Thank Post
    155
    Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    76
    Hi, I cannot log into the embc server now following the upgrade. I'm getting the error message "530 User cannot log in". Then "Critical error" and "Could not connect to server". Is anyone else having problems?

  9. #9

    rush_tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,427
    Thank Post
    112
    Thanked 269 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by kaphc View Post
    Hi, I cannot log into the embc server now following the upgrade. I'm getting the error message "530 User cannot log in". Then "Critical error" and "Could not connect to server". Is anyone else having problems?
    I take it you mean Plesk? Its working here. Put a call in

  10. #10
    kaphc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    592
    Thank Post
    155
    Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    76
    Just phoned county and apparently we are logging onto web4.embc.uk.com now, not web2.embc.uk.com - am guessing I didn't read my letter properly!

  11. #11
    kaphc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    592
    Thank Post
    155
    Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by rush_tech View Post
    I take it you mean Plesk? Its working here. Put a call in
    Not come across Plesk but am curious to know what this is? I make all the changes using Microsoft Expression Web and ftp the files up to the embc server.

  12. #12

    rush_tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,427
    Thank Post
    112
    Thanked 269 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    195
    https://web1.embc.uk.com:8443/ thats the address to ours I suppose it depends on what server you sites on. You should have logon details if not ask them I'm sure they'll tell you.

  13. #13
    gonzodad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    40
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by kaphc View Post
    Not come across Plesk but am curious to know what this is? I make all the changes using Microsoft Expression Web and ftp the files up to the embc server.
    Plesk is the backend web hosting software we use on the embc server.

  14. #14
    kaphc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    592
    Thank Post
    155
    Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    76
    thanks, just had a look at their website to find out more - does that mean there is a SiteBuilder option available to schools to create websites? and if so, what are the rough costs? I'm not sure if we would use it, but would be useful to know.

  15. #15

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    409
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzodad View Post
    Hi Edu-IT - the upgrades are designed to improve performance, the works started 25/10 and individual website migrations began on the 22nd November. Unfortunately the adverse weather came in the middle of the migrations, so the full benefit of the upgrades were not realised. The migrations finished on Friday 3rd Dec.
    We were migrated a while ago?



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Website Hosting
    By dezt in forum CLEO
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th July 2010, 10:00 PM
  2. Hosting a website?
    By rlweb in forum South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th December 2009, 04:44 PM
  3. School website hosting - is this ok?
    By SteveB_NI in forum Web Development
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10th November 2008, 10:37 PM
  4. School Website Hosting
    By sqdge in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30th July 2007, 11:55 AM
  5. Website Hosting (Websys Hosting)
    By Inox in forum Web Development
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20th January 2006, 06:46 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •