+ Post New Thread
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, Brokered Service Approach in Netlinc in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); ...

Thank Post

Brokered Service Approach in Netlinc

I received an initial 1-sheet ( http://home.netlinc.org.uk/ContentSt...3724/page1.pdf ) blurb a couple of weeks ago regarding changes to ICT buyback / future of Netlinc and spoke to Netlinc about timeframes and things. Spoke around a number of things, but the message was "watch this space, we're just getting into it".

My head passed on a 4-pager aimed at SMT this morning which explains it in more detail (can't find a link to the pdf atm, badger your head for it if in Netlinc).

There are five (though more are coming onboard) potential suppliers that are available for schools to choose. Note that schools can choose whoever they want for services, just that these five have been scrutinised.

There's Mouchel (current incumbent), Stone Computers and then 3 providers I've never heard of:

Eswots ESWOTS - EMAS, EAL, E2L E-Learning » ESWOTS

Ark ICT Solutions, Ark ICT Solutions Ltd - Smartboard Masters Trainers, Web Developers, Schools ICT & Business IT

InfoTech Direct Infotechdirect Ltd.

Thoughts?

Thank Post

ESWOTS explained

Hi Pete

I am from ESWOTS one of the companies you mention just to explain we are a Lincoln based company and the dedicated education division of the F1Group, I am also a MCTS and MCITP.

ESWOTS is a local education company run by educationalists, our board includes former head of education and cultural services for Lincolnshire Dr Cheryle Berry.

We are a real technology company and one of the Most Microsoft certified companies in the country especially around enterprise technologies and are currently in the finals of ERA education company of the year 2009.

Within the group we also have EMITT (East Midlands IT Training), where we are the Microsoft Training Solution and Exam Centre for the Region, we are looking to help ICT staff within education to assist and develop thier ICT skills and can train over 400 courses internally.

Sorry to have to explain who we are; we have never previously had the "Official" oppertunity to engage with schools in the county until now.

We are early adopters in the latest technology and even run official microsoft partner forum on Hyper Visor Virtualisation assisting other IT companies. I have been running on LIVE systems Windows 7 for nearly a year, with a mix of real and virtual 2008 / 2003 servers.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Chris
    Last edited by Chris_Pickles; 24th March 2009 at 01:06 PM.

Thank Post
    There are now updated docs in .pdf format on http://www.lsn.lincs.sch.uk/ (which will be replacing netlinc.org.uk).

Thanks Chris - I was posting the info for people who may not get the emails / info passed along in a timely manner.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread