+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, EMBC IT Conference in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Kinda have to agree with Russ on this one. Seems odd to listen to Becta telling us about the future ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kinda have to agree with Russ on this one.

Seems odd to listen to Becta telling us about the future of having pupils using the same devices both at home and school, then listening to Synetrix telling us not to let people connect their equipment to our networks.

Think this highlights the difference in thinking that between the those solely involved in education and those that come from a corporate background. Hopefully as time goes on this difference can be reduced, and to be honest I think that this is happening.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Don't even get me started on that one I was in second session of that. In my view talked about ip rules for way to long and when it got to network security just before he ran out of time I wasn't impressed was on about the same tied thing that we need to move away from not reinforce.

Russ
    Agree with you there Russ - too much history in that session.

I didn't think they pitched the level correctly - if you invite technical people to a technical seminar - I'd have liked a bit more in depth meat to the sessions, rather than the somewhat bland overviews that most of them seemed to be.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,888 Times in 1,169 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps break down the sessions into 101, 201 and 301 style?

Also remember that the conference had a range of people there because there are a range of levels that schools are supported at. Not everyone needs to understand IPSEC and QoS /CoS ... and for some of you, you will get bored talking about password complexity differences between key stages.

I hope you all put these comments onto your feedback forms. Failing that there is always embc@embc.org.uk to give more feedback.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Perhaps break down the sessions into 101, 201 and 301 style?

Also remember that the conference had a range of people there because there are a range of levels that schools are supported at. Not everyone needs to understand IPSEC and QoS /CoS ... and for some of you, you will get bored talking about password complexity differences between key stages.

I hope you all put these comments onto your feedback forms. Failing that there is always embc@embc.org.uk to give more feedback.
    Yes - that sounds like an idea - I did put this on the feedback form - even though there wasn't really a space to do it by each topic.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234