+ Post New Thread
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, Synetrix - Derbyshire in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); (bit of a moan this one - Monday morning, queue of people at my door!) As Derbyshire schools have to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Synetrix - Derbyshire

(bit of a moan this one - Monday morning, queue of people at my door!)

As Derbyshire schools have to go through the LA rather than having a direct link to Synetrix, I was wondering how other counties fared with Synetrix support.

I have now had an ongoing issue with four email accounts not working, since the start of term (so we are approaching four weeks). Now, fairplay to Derbyshire CC, they are tolerating (!) me ringing on a daily basis, but i find it quite incredulous that this issue hasnt been resolved yet. (For the record, these accounts, when posting from/to, come back with the message that a duplicate account exists)

Do other counties, find it easier to get issues resolved by being able to communicate directly? Should I simply accept the fact that this is the way things are

Would welcome other folks experiences - it may make me feel better

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesypete View Post
    (bit of a moan this one - Monday morning, queue of people at my door!)

As Derbyshire schools have to go through the LA rather than having a direct link to Synetrix, I was wondering how other counties fared with Synetrix support.

I have now had an ongoing issue with four email accounts not working, since the start of term (so we are approaching four weeks). Now, fairplay to Derbyshire CC, they are tolerating (!) me ringing on a daily basis, but i find it quite incredulous that this issue hasnt been resolved yet. (For the record, these accounts, when posting from/to, come back with the message that a duplicate account exists)

Do other counties, find it easier to get issues resolved by being able to communicate directly? Should I simply accept the fact that this is the way things are

Would welcome other folks experiences - it may make me feel better
    Your not on your own, I have just ginen up posting about it
    (apart from this one)

Thank Post
    Yeah we've experienced this but fortunately after a while of repeatedly asking it appears resolved for us.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesypete View Post
    Now, fairplay to Derbyshire CC, they are tolerating (!) me ringing on a daily basis, but i find it quite incredulous that this issue hasnt been resolved yet.

I don't hold too much faith in the people on the networks helpdesk up at Matlock - one of our partner primaries rang them earlier this year to report a seriously inappropriate site that wasn't blocked.

The chap on the helpdesk logged it, but said nothing could be done about it there and then as it was in the EMBC transition period and there was a block on changes.

What the guy up at county said next practically sent the feeder school head into meltdown. He said he would close the call as "it didn't look good for their targets to have an outstanding issue so long" - and that the head should ring back in a month or so to re-report the issue.

Thank Post
    Been there, done that but not got the answer! I find the whole setup very frustrating and time consuming.

Thank Post
    We are in Derbyshire and are struggling with the e-mail setup. We can't get the bulk uploads to work. Despite numerous attempts we still get duplicate entries. Having spent hours at it we got a response from the Helpdesk saying we'd have to remove them manually from the upload file. The response included a quote from Synetrix which read:

"I know this will be a huge time consuming task but I think this is the only way to progress this call."

We are now ploughing through nearly 2K entries checking them!

And as for the inability to add or remove students individually well words fail me.

I'm not convinced that the move to the new e-mail has been for the best!!!!!

Thank Post
    Same problems with Synetrix - I look after around a dozen Primary Schools and most have a problem of some sorts, basically the Email system is pants. Advice given to one person who's e-mail suddenly wouldn't let them in (after 2 weeks chasing)- I'll make you a new account!
    No offer to retrieve existing e-mails or set up a forward as they didn't know what the problem was in the first place.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yup they are a waste of space round here aswell, doesn't help that we have to go through the LA everytime we want something doing that they need to do nightmare i tell ya

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread