+ Post New Thread
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, Ebay not loading linked css file in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Not quite sure if this is the right forum to post this so please move if needed. A couple of ...
    Thank Post

Ebay not loading linked css file

Not quite sure if this is the right forum to post this so please move if needed.

A couple of users here use ebay and IE is not loading the associated css file (see screen shot). Just guessing but I think it might be a filtering problem. I've tested it on XP IE8 and on Win7 IE9 and both give the same results. Any ideas?

ebay.JPG

Thank Post
    If you press F12 while running IE9 you can run a network capture - this will tell you which files are being blocked as the page loads

3. Thanks to jamesfed from:

Jobos (19th February 2013)

Thank Post
    I've used F12 before when looking at the makeup of html but I didn't know you could run a real time capture like that

Anyway, the output shows a number of https://websso.inthehive.net/Denied?...9&dpruleid=56&... lines so it looks like it is the webfilter.

Thank Post
    It is a pretty nifty bit of kit Hope you find out what is causing the issue in the end!

Thank Post
    I've reported it to Capita.

Thank Post
    We have the same issue here, would be interested to know if it gets resolved.

Thank Post
    I was talking to Capita support today about it and they now know what the problem is and tell me it won't be long before it's fixed.

Thank Post
    That sounds good - have they come back to you with any more info yet? Have tried the page this morning again and it part-loaded but wasn't quite there. Tried again and it went back to no css files at all. No urgency, just would like to know when there's a fix so I can report back to the school who sometimes uses it.

Thank Post
    I checked it today as well and got the same part loading page. The site manager is keen to see it working as he gets all sorts from Ebay and to be honest I'm surprised it's taking so long as I understand it's just a matter of adjusting the filter.

Thank Post
    Update:
    Got this email from Capita which made me laugh however it's good to know they are throwing everything at getting the problem fixed

Just to let you know that apparently there is a problem and this has been now passed to our Webshield and development team

Thank Post
    I'm at the Derbyshire emPSN technical workshop on 23rd May which I hope will feature some kind of discussion with/about Capita on how to make their service for schools more effective. I can always raise this then if so .... looks like it could still be ongoing in May by the looks of this :-)

Thank Post
    Had this from Capita and it does fix the ebay issue as it looks like the problem is to do with cookies.

The problems occurred when browsing through Openhive Webshield, where the page or content does not format or display as expected.
    For example, customers may have reported Google Images not displaying content correctly, the main eBay page not formatting correctly, or other such sites that do not look correct or have content missing.
    The issue is not with Webshield, but rather the way in which Internet Explorer handles content.

Who is affected?
    Customers of Openhive Webshield, using any version of Internet Explorer.

The problem
    After logging in to Openhive, customers accessing sites where the content is served from a different domain than the parent, sometimes do not display correctly.
    Notable examples of this could be:
    - Google Images. See attached screenshot1.jpg and notice the missing images at the bottom. google.co.uk is the parent domain, yet image results are typically served from t1-t3.gstatic.com.
    - eBay: See attached screenshot2.jpg. ebay.co.uk is the parent domain, while content is served from ebaystatic.com, including the code which formats the page.

The workaround

There are two possible options:

Option 1 is that they may wish to consider using another web browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome, where the problem does not occur.
    If so, please make sure that the correct proxy settings are in place for the customer before resolving their query.

Option 2 is to continue using Internet Explorer, in which case they should do the following:

In Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options, Privacy. Select Sites

Enter the following ‘inthehive.net’ and click ‘Allow’

This will resolve the issue for users of Internet Explorer.

The permanent fix
    The development team is currently working on a permanent fix for all Webshield users, so they do not need to follow the above workaround for content to display correctly. Once this is in place, another communication will be sent to the Service Desk to notify as such.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread