+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, OpenHive emails in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Has anyones email flow stopped working or is it just us?...
  1. #1
    Jobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,134
    Thank Post
    178
    Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    24

    OpenHive emails

    Has anyones email flow stopped working or is it just us?

  2. #2
    Jobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,134
    Thank Post
    178
    Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Bump!!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    718
    Thank Post
    118
    Thanked 64 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    It's everybody. CRapita had some problems but have since resolved them. E-mails should start flowing through and normal service will be resumed by midday, or at least that what I was told by their support.

  4. #4
    Jobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,134
    Thank Post
    178
    Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    The service is certainly worse then it used to be.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    718
    Thank Post
    118
    Thanked 64 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    Worse is putting it lightly. They're completely and utterly rubbish, and I always seem to get e-mail problems almost daily. You log a call and you don't get a response for several days!

  6. #6
    Gibson335's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    930
    Thank Post
    257
    Thanked 133 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    Worse is putting it lightly. They're completely and utterly rubbish, and I always seem to get e-mail problems almost daily. You log a call and you don't get a response for several days!
    Yes - their mail system is backed up following the changeover, so I would advise only ever calling - at least that establishes a ticket quickly, even if they drag their heels afterwards. Be warned - their new tactic is to request screenshots, at which point they put the job on hold. I advise calling them asap after you've sent them the screenshots to tell them the mail has been sent and ask them to take the job off hold - oh, and always include the ticket number in the subject line.

  7. #7
    JonThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Apparently a school created an "incorrect mail rule, that stopped the email service" The service has been restarted and email should flow normally once the backlog has been cleared. - This is from our LA eLearning team. But I wouldn't hold your breath...

  8. #8
    Gibson335's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    930
    Thank Post
    257
    Thanked 133 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by JonThompson View Post
    Apparently a school created an "incorrect mail rule, that stopped the email service" The service has been restarted and email should flow normally once the backlog has been cleared. - This is from our LA eLearning team. But I wouldn't hold your breath...
    Really? Should that even be possible? I thought the local control rules were just that - local rules?

  9. #9

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,935
    Thank Post
    1,341
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    595
    There are a number of ways you can create loops and incorrect rules in most filters. Some will get spotted and dealt with immediately, others will sneak up and take you by surprise ...

  10. #10
    Gibson335's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    930
    Thank Post
    257
    Thanked 133 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    It seems absurd that we are not allowed to process for ourselves an inbound mail that has been quarantined due to the system not liking its file type, yet apparently we have all the control we need to potentially set up a mail rule capable of taking down the mail processing service...but that's just a minor gripe compared to the support provided so far. My dealings with both Capita and KCOM since the changeover have left me feeling completely frustrated and disenchanted with them.

  11. #11

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,952
    Thank Post
    886
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    448
    Hi,

    We dont use the system but a ticket has come in our system from a user who gets bounce messages when sending a message to a school in another area. I think its to do with this problem, using MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox its telling me there is a loop.

    Can anyone tell me if service has been restored please?

    Thanks

  12. #12
    Gibson335's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    930
    Thank Post
    257
    Thanked 133 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Mail seems to be flowing freely now.

  13. #13
    JonThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibson335 View Post
    It seems absurd that we are not allowed to process for ourselves an inbound mail that has been quarantined due to the system not liking its file type, yet apparently we have all the control we need to potentially set up a mail rule capable of taking down the mail processing service...but that's just a minor gripe compared to the support provided so far. My dealings with both Capita and KCOM since the changeover have left me feeling completely frustrated and disenchanted with them.
    Your not the only one. Crapita have been rubbish... But then again, when where they any good?

  14. #14

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,952
    Thank Post
    886
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    448
    run another test and the loop seems to have gone

  15. #15
    Gibson335's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    930
    Thank Post
    257
    Thanked 133 Times in 106 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by JonThompson View Post
    Your not the only one. Crapita have been rubbish... But then again, when where they any good?
    I never used to find the whole Capita/Synetrix support thing a problem, to be fair. Mainly because stuff mostly worked, and when it didn't we used to get pretty rapid responses. The whole system seems to have ground to a halt since the changeover.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Exchange email monitoring
    By altecsole in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11th July 2008, 09:18 AM
  2. Script to change user email in AD (or Exchange)
    By SpuffMonkey in forum Scripts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 8th November 2005, 10:31 PM
  3. SUSE Email Server II
    By kingswood in forum *nix
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th September 2005, 09:51 AM
  4. Monitoring of Staff and Student files and emails
    By mark in forum School ICT Policies
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12th July 2005, 12:01 PM
  5. Student Email
    By andy in forum School ICT Policies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th July 2005, 09:14 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •