+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, embc changing dns to new provider in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); I got rid of the openhive dns forwarders and put in the public google ones instead, and voila! everything now ...
    Thank Post
    I got rid of the openhive dns forwarders and put in the public google ones instead, and voila! everything now works!!

Cheers PyROm!

Thank Post
    Divaldo could you see if you can now get to the webpage http://derbyshire.inthehive.net for me please, would help me troubleshooting my problem.

Thanks
    Robin

Thank Post
    Yes, I can get to that, I got the Openhive login page.

4. Thanks to Divaldo from:

PyROm (5th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csl6 View Post
    In the properties of the default smtp server, have you set any outbound security credentials there? What worked for was setting anonymous access and no tls encryption but still putting the smart host address in the advanced delivery window. I can provide screenshots of what I did if you want.
    Yes, I've used the username and password that they sent to me and told me to use. Where is the advanced delivery window? Not sure what you mean.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo_C View Post
    Yes, I've used the username and password that they sent to me and told me to use. Where is the advanced delivery window? Not sure what you mean.
    Open up the properties of the default smtp server and click the delivery tab. Click the outbound security button and check to see that only only thing checked is the anonymous access radio. Click OK and click on the advanced button. Here all I have filled in is the hop count, the fqdn and the smart host. The credentials for the smart host are saved within the smtp connector.

Once I made these amendments and forced a few connections on a few messages, I was able to see emails leave the queue. Hope this helps.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csl6 View Post
    Open up the properties of the default smtp server and click the delivery tab. Click the outbound security button and check to see that only only thing checked is the anonymous access radio. Click OK and click on the advanced button. Here all I have filled in is the hop count, the fqdn and the smart host. The credentials for the smart host are saved within the smtp connector.

Once I made these amendments and forced a few connections on a few messages, I was able to see emails leave the queue. Hope this helps.

Cheers but that's still not fixed it. Weirdly an email I sent to myself on the 3rd randomly came through last night. None of the other test ones I sent have though. The support desk have now asked me to send them screenshots of me Telneting on to prove that I can.

Thank Post
    Still not working on the exchange 2003 box

Thank Post
    Had more of a fiddle with mine and we're up and running. It started working about 5 minutes after I'd called them so I'm not sure if it was my fiddling or something they'd done. Anonymous access, TLS off. I haven't got a smart host specified in the area csl6 suggested.

They did inform me that they've got rid of the authentication so if you've got a username and password in it definitely won't work. It now has to be anonymous access.

10. Thanks to Jambo_C from:

Jobos (6th November 2012)

Thank Post
    I removed the authentication and it worked. Thank you!

It should be noted that at my other school which has exchange 2010 it works still using the username and password.

Thank Post
    Ours still doesn't work with the Openhive DNS servers. Thank goodness for Google's public DNS!

Only been 24 days without a fully functioning email service so far...

Thank Post
    That's ridiculous, ours has been fine since Tuesday. Although at around 4pm on Tuesday we completely lost everything, internet, email, the lot for about 40 mins. I called KCOM and they said to call Capita. I called Capita and was on hold when it came back on. When the Capita guy returned, before I had chance to tell him it was back, he told me to phone KCOM!

Thank Post
    Ours did the same, right in the middle of our open evening!! Not impressed.

I phoned Capita, who passed me on to KCOM too, whilst on the phone to KCOM it came back, and nobody knew what had happened. Not exactly encouraging.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567