+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, embc changing dns to new provider in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Yes, I can connect to the other openhive bits fine, thanks, and have set the two DNS forwarders provided to ...
    Thank Post
    Yes, I can connect to the other openhive bits fine, thanks, and have set the two DNS forwarders provided to me by Openhive. I can't ping either of them though (not sure if I should be able to), and when I added them they show up with ared cross and the message 'an unknown occurred while validating the server', but I'm told this is nothing to worry about.

We were able to send emails through the relay.openhive.net smarthost fine until the switchover day to KCOM on the 1st. Something has gone awry since then.

Thank Post
    Do you have TLS turned off? That seems to be the latest update on the lead call.

Thank Post
    I can Telnet etc but I'm getting the "The remote SMTP service rejected AUTH negotiation" in queue manager.

If I put TLS on it tells me the remote SMTP service doesn't support TLS!

The lady on the phone said she wasn't sure what it was but that there appeared to be another issue.

Thank Post
    I have had TLS off all along. When we first moved over to relay.inthehive.net it never worked with TLS on, so was told to turn it off back then as it wasn't really required.

A chap just rang me from the helpdesk saying he thought he had a fix for us, but we were both disappointed when I said that TLS was already off :-(

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo_C View Post
    I can Telnet etc but I'm getting the "The remote SMTP service rejected AUTH negotiation" in queue manager.

If I put TLS on it tells me the remote SMTP service doesn't support TLS!

The lady on the phone said she wasn't sure what it was but that there appeared to be another issue.
    Have you managed to sort your probs out yet? I have two sites with Exchange 2003 and I have managed to get them to send external emails.

I see at the moment there seems to be a couple of seconds delay as it authenticates with the smart host but the email does get sent. The only problem is when it gets to the OPENHIVE servers, emails are getting delayed there with times ranging from 2 minutes and 2 hours. I shall open another call I guess.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csl6 View Post
    Have you managed to sort your probs out yet? I have two sites with Exchange 2003 and I have managed to get them to send external emails.

I see at the moment there seems to be a couple of seconds delay as it authenticates with the smart host but the email does get sent. The only problem is when it gets to the OPENHIVE servers, emails are getting delayed there with times ranging from 2 minutes and 2 hours. I shall open another call I guess.
    No, still not working. Still getting "The remote SMTP service rejected AUTH negotiation". Got 114 emails queued. Discovered they delete after 48 hours.

Thank Post

embc changing dns to new provider

I have a call open for the delay and was told its possibly due to sheer volume of backed up email. Open a call though, the more visability the better!

Thank Post
    No, still not working. Still getting "The remote SMTP service rejected AUTH negotiation". Got 114 emails queued. Discovered they delete after 48 hours.
    How's is the relay configured on your server? Did you use a connector or just configured it in the properties of the default smtp server?

Thank Post
    Hi, could someone do me a favour and ping derbyshire.inthehive.net for me please and tell what its ip is from inside capita/kcom`s network, I can resolve it here but cant access it from within kcoms network (not taken capita services but taken kcom for connectivity, so cant use capita`s dns servers and kcom doesnt have any), im wondering if the ip is different on network to off, thanks.

Thank Post
    I can't resolve derbyshire.inthehive.net

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Here's what it resolves to from the outside world.

Code:
    root@woody:~# nslookup derbyshire.inthehive.net
    Server:		192.168.0.1
    Address:	192.168.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    derbyshire.inthehive.net	canonical name = pub01.inthehive.net.
    Name:	pub01.inthehive.net
    Address: 109.68.0.30
    Last edited by Geoff; 5th November 2012 at 04:18 PM.

12. Thanks to Geoff from:

PyROm (5th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csl6 View Post
    How's is the relay configured on your server? Did you use a connector or just configured it in the properties of the default smtp server?
    I've used a connector. Initially I just changed the one I had currently and that was working fine up until Thursday. I have also set a brand new connector up too just in case, neither work though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PyROm View Post
    Hi, could someone do me a favour and ping derbyshire.inthehive.net for me please and tell what its ip is from inside capita/kcom`s network, I can resolve it here but cant access it from within kcoms network (not taken capita services but taken kcom for connectivity, so cant use capita`s dns servers and kcom doesnt have any), im wondering if the ip is different on network to off, thanks.
    We're on a KCOM connection here and can access derbyshire.inthehive.net. It prompts for login.
    @Divaldo The fact that you cannot access derbyshire.inthehive.net makes me think that there's something still wrong with your connection to Capita servers from the KCOM network.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 5th November 2012 at 04:24 PM.

Thank Post
    I've used a connector. Initially I just changed the one I had currently and that was working fine up until Thursday. I have also set a brand new connector up too just in case, neither work though.
    In the properties of the default smtp server, have you set any outbound security credentials there? What worked for was setting anonymous access and no tls encryption but still putting the smart host address in the advanced delivery window. I can provide screenshots of what I did if you want.

Thank Post
    Were using google dns servers so we resolve derbyshire.inthehive.net to the external address, however when trying to go to it the server just times out and we cannot even ping it, im trying to see if the internal ip is different to the external before trying to decide who to contact, kcom or capita or caya.

17. 2 Thanks to PyROm:

Divaldo (5th November 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast