+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, embc changing dns to new provider in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Well my messages are going in and out of the queue so quickly. I assume yours are just sitting there ...

Thank Post
    Well my messages are going in and out of the queue so quickly. I assume yours are just sitting there then?

Thank Post
    Yeah I've got 34 just sitting there. Looks like yours is connecting to the relay but mine isn't. If I force it, it goes active for a few seconds when it's presumably trying to authenticate and then fails.

Incidentally, earlier on in the additional information bit it said it couldn't resolve the relay in DNS, so that's fixed now.

Thank Post
    Have you tried turning on TLS?

Thank Post
    Yes I tried it earlier with it on. I just tried it again though to check what it says in the additional info bit and it actually says "The remote SMTP service does not support TLS".

Thank Post
    Well, good luck tomorrow, and be sure to keep us posted! Drop me a PM if you prefer to discuss it off forum but it'd be good to at least know how one another are getting on.

Thank Post
    Yeah definitely, will let you know. Good luck with yours too.

Thank Post
    Do you think I could get hold of anyone on RM IFL today to sort out a router config issue... I've been told its been a right shames in Leicestershire with schools not sorting out DNS moves in time etc.
    You do have my sympathies however moving DNS and broadband supplier is not exactly a seamless experience.

Thank Post
    We have the same problem sending external emails. We can't resolve relay.inthehive.net either.

It was fine until the switchover to KCOM, the OH helpdesk have said it's a KCOM firewall problem and have logged a fault...

We're also having problems when browsing the internet. The Open Hive login page comes up randomly when we click any links, if we go back in our browser and keep trying the link, after 4 or 5 goes, it will open. Reported that problem over 3 weeks ago, but still no solution.

Anyone else tempted to go with a different ISP and do your own email/web filtering?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Divaldo View Post
    We have the same problem sending external emails. We can't resolve relay.inthehive.net either.

It was fine until the switchover to KCOM, the OH helpdesk have said it's a KCOM firewall problem and have logged a fault...

We're also having problems when browsing the internet. The Open Hive login page comes up randomly when we click any links, if we go back in our browser and keep trying the link, after 4 or 5 goes, it will open. Reported that problem over 3 weeks ago, but still no solution.

Anyone else tempted to go with a different ISP and do your own email/web filtering?
    Well, ours will resolve now, if I ping it I get an IP address back but I still can't send. As I said above I'm getting the "Unable to AUTH" message.

We had a similar problem with the OH filtering. We figured out that it's when it finds a page that hasn't yet been categorized. When you keep retrying it eventually categorizes and lets you in. It did it to our Learning Platform and school website. If you've got access to the console there's a category called "New URL", you can turn that off although you then risk any un-categorized pages being available for the first time until it's categorized. This may be your best bet until they find a solution.

10. Thanks to Jambo_C from:

Divaldo (2nd November 2012)

Thank Post
    thanks, i'll give that a try

Thank Post
    Has anyone had any joy with relay.inthehive.net yet? Last I heard, it wasn't a firewall problem as first suspected, but a Mail Marshall problem instead.

Thank Post
    I've just phoned for an update and she told me they thought it was the Firewall! It's getting a bit daft now. I'm just glad we're on half term and am hoping that it's fixed by Monday! Obviously some places aren't on half term which is a bit of a nightmare.

She said that it is affecting all schools who have an onsite Exchange server so at least we're all in the same boat. I bet there are some that haven't actually noticed if they're on half term, not sure I would have if it hadn't been for one member of staff.

Thank Post
    They were telling me it was the firewall until about 10 minutes ago... maybe they're not sure.

Our staff and students were all on half term last week, so it's been a bit of a chaotic first week back here!

Thank Post

embc changing dns to new provider

The error messages I am getting point to it being a MailMarshal issue, yes. Hopefully we'll see some progress over the weekend.

Thank Post
    Fingers crossed. I can't even resolve the hostname relay.inthehive.net yet, let alone ping or telnet to it, so I'm not sure how Mail Marshal could cause that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast