+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, embc changing dns to new provider in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); They should start to send, yes, although at which point they fail and get removed I'm not entirely sure. Probably ...

Thank Post
    They should start to send, yes, although at which point they fail and get removed I'm not entirely sure. Probably depends on your setup.

We're not on half term here, and it's just stupid now. Surely it can't be that difficult to fix? I know those who chose the RM offering (supplied by KCOM directly) aren't having this issue... what a suprise.

I wonder where we stand in terms in SLA because technically the service is working, it's just not accessible to us on emPSN.

Thank Post
    Weve stuck with kcom for internet but are running all services ourselves (already ran most of them anyway). Noticed the dns (dns resolver, not the domain name host)had gone down last night for all websites (the old embc dns, havent seen any info if theres a new one) so changed to googles (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and all was well (we go direct rather then through a proxy now).

At the moment we seem to have the opposite problem then everyone else, we can send email but not recieve it (waiting for firewall change request to go through).

Thank Post
    There are a few things I would address in this response but rather than take it further OT I'll comment on one and ask that we take the rest to email and / or a separate thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    My personal opinion on it is that I'm particularly unhappy about the LEA's lack of involvement. They have literally (although with plenty of time) issued a cut off date for their entire or partial funding, and determined that the schools are on their own without so much of a "If you're not sure what this means for you, please feel free to contact person X" Of course it's not entirely blameless, so many institutions would have ignored warnings when they came or didn't follow through to their relevant staff/contractors with "What do we do?". There was a late webpage put up this summer of course - but that information should have perhaps been there the very minute that these changes were agreed.
    On pretty much all the LA communications about the changes, we have provided contact details for the team should schools wish to discuss things with us. We have made regular updates (monthly) via the Schools Factsheet, updates via the website and direct letters to schools. Many schools have contacted us, on an individual or cluster basis, and many schools have chosen not to, because they have stated that they have the relevant knowledge or expertise available to them (in-house, contracted in or via their new providers). We know that the ability to manage this will vary from school to school, but it has been made very clear from DfE advice that the responsibilty of this belongs to the school.

We are, as always, open to discussions with schools, their support providers and their service providers (as we have been previously) about any remaining issues.

All parties within the emPSN framework are in direct contact with one another and I know that emPSN staff, KCom and Capita are working on the present issue.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 869 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry, post deleted. I don't have the will to defend a point currently for reasons I won't be going in to here.

Thank Post
    Just realised what I suggested wouldn't work. So really it is a waiting game!

Edit: Progress is being made though as an NSLOOKUP now works for Capita inthehive.net addresses.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 1st November 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Thank Post
    KCOM now reporting as fixed. Mine's still not working though. Anyone had any success?

Thank Post
    Mine still isn't working. I can telnet the relay but my connector is now showing as "The remote SMTP service rejected AUTH negotiation" which suggests it's now an authorisation problem. I'm using the username and password they emailed me though. Looks like another phonecall first thing.

Any chance anyone can check their connector and see if it's saying the same?

I've noticed incoming mail is very slow too, just emailed myself from home and it took 15 mins.

Thank Post
    Have you tried sending out an email? I'm getting exchange bouncing back messages saying:

mx01.inthehive.net #550 Rule imposed mailbox access for test@mydomain.com refused ##

The following organisation rejected your message: mx01.inthehive.net

So now it looks to be the MailMarshal side, not KCOM.

Are you sending with TLS or just basic? I had to disable TLS for it to even try to send.

Thank Post
    I'm not getting anything bouncing back at all. I've not got TLS turned on and basic authentication (as it said in the setup instructions). All the messages are sat on the server queued up. Even tried setting up a brand new connector and that doesn't work either.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo_C View Post
    I'm not getting anything bouncing back at all. I've not got TLS turned on and basic authentication (as it said in the setup instructions). All the messages are sat on the server queued up. Even tried setting up a brand new connector and that doesn't work either.
    My instructions said to use TLS. Which Exchange version?

Incoming mail seems fine, arrived instantly.

Thank Post
    Exchange 2003.

Yeah incoming is OK now seemingly, the notifications from here are coming straight through.

Thank Post
    Seems to be something on the MailMarshal settings that is causing our #550 issue. This is quite interesting.

Undeliverable 550 - Relaying Denied: Microsoft, Exchange Server, 2003 SP2, Installed behind firewall, using MailMarshal

Thank Post
    That's strange. I'm not getting anything bouncing back, I think my issue is with the authentication. Does your connector show as "active"/"ready" or "retry"?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo_C View Post
    That's strange. I'm not getting anything bouncing back, I think my issue is with the authentication. Does your connector show as "active"/"ready" or "retry"?
    Where are you viewing that, sorry? Is it in queue viewer?

Thank Post
    Yes it's in queue viewer, under state. The the message about AUTH is at the bottom under additional information.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast