+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC) Thread, EMBC dead for anyone else? in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Originally Posted by GrumbleDook BTW did anyone raise a call about this? I sent an email to the service desk ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    BTW did anyone raise a call about this?
    I sent an email to the service desk on Sunday morning. The network seemed pretty up and down till around midnight last night (at least that's what Nagios tells me )

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Most RBCs for most schools are doing fine, but there is the odd hiccup every so often and there are fewer LA staff to minimise things / smooth things over in some areas.

Not had chance to follow up on this one as it is the bank holiday weekend but if Northants folk would like to email me their ticket references (when they get them) or forward on your original emails I will look at it in the morning.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @GrumbleDook - sure, 357078.
    Guess who replied (this morning)? My favourite person who denied any knowledge of anything going wrong.

Thank Post
    If anyone is sending any information over to me could they do so via email and to my work address please. Just need to keep track of it all properly (should have made the previous posts on this account ... oops!)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, my bad
    (Plus you know I like keeping problems public! It would do Capita a world of good to realise there's a world outside of their own systems and they should start embracing the use of social media and forums like this to keep watch on what's going on - it's often far better than merely relying on the likes of Cacti to see where problems lie as it's not always technical. Phil @ Sims has the right idea, it'd do the rest of the (yeah I know) different parts of the company to follow suit.)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Sorry, my bad
    (Plus you know I like keeping problems public! It would do Capita a world of good to realise there's a world outside of their own systems and they should start embracing the use of social media and forums like this to keep watch on what's going on - it's often far better than merely relying on the likes of Cacti to see where problems lie as it's not always technical. Phil @ Sims has the right idea, it'd do the rest of the (yeah I know) different parts of the company to follow suit.)
    Capita staff (along with many other firms) do keep abreast of social media / social networks but, like many companies, cannot take a lot of action on something that has little information. Many firms will also only have certain people keeping a check on things ... and it has been a bank holiday ... but this is getting us off-topic.

I'll be following this up shortly.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It'd do them good to acknowledge it then. Just annoys me thoroughly to yet again be told "there's nothing wrong" when quite clearly there is. Surely they'd know if their own site was *globally* dead for half a day. (and yeah, unfortunately I'm sad enough to have checked from my servers in Sweden, Germany and Norway just to confirm too :| )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    @GrumbleDook - sure, 357078.
    Guess who replied (this morning)? My favourite person who denied any knowledge of anything going wrong.
    Who is that? DM me the name if you will. I have a feeling I can guess who. Just for curiosity. :P

Thank Post
    We also had an outage in Lincolnshire over the weekend (and running into early Monday morning). Looking at the logs it was intermittent, so it appears someone was playing with things.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Very vaguely there was a problem in Lincs which meant they had to re-route/shut something off. That ended up affecting Northants too.
    I wouldn't have minded too much if I hadn't had been lied/ignored to yet again :|

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12