+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
e-Safety Thread, Staff AUP re social networking, gaming and forums etc in School Administration; Ours are all based around the West Sussex County Council ones here https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/learni...olicy_aup.aspx...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Ours are all based around the West Sussex County Council ones here https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/learni...olicy_aup.aspx

2. Thanks to glennda from:

witch (16th April 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Ours are all based around the West Sussex County Council ones here https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/learni...olicy_aup.aspx
    I cant see a bit about social networking? We do have a staff and student AUP in place but I am worried that there isnt enough detail about social networking, forums, gaming and how to do these things responsibly

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    This document from KSCB is very good for getting staff to consider how they use technology both in and out of school.

The problem with fake facebook accounts is where someone maliciously sets up an account in the name of a teacher X. Other colleagues might friend the teacher assuming it's real. They then let rip about something that 's happened in school, or post dodgy pictures of themselves at a party, and the impostor uses the information against the real teachers.

The real teachers could have protected themselves by emailing teacher X's school email account to ask if the facebook profile was genuine.

It's pretty unlikely a pigged off student would set up a fake account in the name of your best buddy from school 40 years ago, so that isn't a worry.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I cant see a bit about social networking? We do have a staff and student AUP in place but I am worried that there isnt enough detail about social networking, forums, gaming and how to do these things responsibly
    Ah you get more detail once logged in! my bad!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    This document from KSCB is very good for getting staff to consider how they use technology both in and out of school.

The problem with fake facebook accounts is where someone maliciously sets up an account in the name of a teacher X. Other colleagues might friend the teacher assuming it's real. They then let rip about something that 's happened in school, or post dodgy pictures of themselves at a party, and the impostor uses the information against the real teachers.

The real teachers could have protected themselves by emailing teacher X's school email account to ask if the facebook profile was genuine.

It's pretty unlikely a pigged off student would set up a fake account in the name of your best buddy from school 40 years ago, so that isn't a worry.
    Yeah, I get that, it was the general "you must check people are genuine" that was annoying me as I can't see how that is possible.
    Both heads seem happy to just put out a new AUP even though I have stressed the need for training

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12